Chapter Four

Author's note: I have literally NO life, so I get a lot done, really fast. This is more common on the weekends, so this may be the last frequent post for a while. -Katy

CC 

I was smearing war paint all over her face, making it up as I go. She lifts her lips, in what seems like a smile. I lift mine as well, and then begin to talk to her, as I do her makeup. 

"Since I just gave you your first hug, you've never been kissed, or anything," I say, to make conversation. How such a gorgeous creature could've never been kissed, let alone hugged, is beyond me. She's so stunning. 

"Well," she says breaking my mind babble, "my friends, the people from my now former band, they thought it would be fun to roofie my drink once, and they tell me that the former bass player raped me, but I don't know anything about it, and I personally believe they were saying it to create hype, because I've never had trouble with touch or anything," she says to me quietly, her eyes shut. She knows something happened that night. 

"I- I'm really terribly sorry," I murmur, not fully knowing how to respond. I finish her makeup in silence, and start mine. It's done within the span of twenty minutes. Way before the rest of the guys. Jake finishes second, followed by Jinxx and Andy. With five minutes left to go on stage, Ashley still isn't ready. 

"ASH, LET'S GO," Andy bellows. 

"Okay, okay, calm your tits," Ash says, frantically trying to smooth a stray hair. He's finally satisfied, and walks out of the bathroom. Icy is still walking with a limp, so my brilliant brain comes up with the idea to carry her, and run to the stage. We're late. I know that. I whip Icy onto my  back, and she holds onto me for dear life. I take off towards the stage, the others following. We're all running, and her face is buried in my neck. This is indeed the one moment where I don't speak. When I'm running. I can feel something hot on my shoulder, and I know it's her breath. It feels good against the cool breeze. We swing into the stage area first.

"Right on time," says a voice. How odd. Oh well. The others file in behind, and I don't set Icy down, but instead whip her around front to carry her bridal style. I look into her eyes, smiling. She attempts to smile back. Andy pats me on the back.

"Bro, set the poor girl down, and go warm up," 

"C-c-can I come?" she stutters quietly. He looks at her, and his face softens. 

"Sure you can," he says, smiling. 

"Oh, well, um, actually, if it's too much of a burden, and I know I am, I don't want to cause any trouble, I'm really terribly sorry, I'll go to the bus now," she says, moving to get out of my grasp. She seems terribly pathetic around all these big tough guys. I don't let her down. 

"You're coming with us. You mentioned to me you had been in a band, what did you play," I say to her, firmly, but with a smile. Her eyes light up slightly. Enough to make me smile. 

"I play, or, played drums," she says quietly. My eyes widen for a second. 

"Perfect! You're helping me warm up," I say to her. She raises her eyebrow. Then, something happens. Something beautiful. She smiles. She really smiles. 

"R-r-r-r-really?" She says, hardly able to get the word out. 

"Yeah, why the hell not?" I say with a genuine smile. 

Ivy

He wants me to help him warm up. THE Christian Coma! My dream come true! Holy shit. I had been all pathetic, because my depression was telling me I wasn't good enough to be at their concert. Then he flat out says he wants me to help him warm up! This is amazing. I felt the smile, full force. Then, I stutter. How stupid of me. I'm so dumb. Gah, there's something totally wrong with me. But he tells me he really wants me to help him. I'm amazed. Here I am, an eighteen year old loser, with CC from the Black Veil Brides warming up with ME! Why it was so hard to believe, I don't know. He was standing right there. Setting me on the couch behind stage, he says to me