Chapter One

Preface

She was a fan of many bands. But her love for them, and CC, was unprecedented. She had seen every concert in California, from Sacramento to LA and back. She loved the Black Veil Brides, and CC. She admired his amazing drum work and techniques. She wanted none other than to tour with them. Her own band, I Am Faithless, was gaining speed towards the top. They were getting big. In the Sacramento area, that is. And, San Fransisco was picking them up. They were getting ready to go into the studio, for their first album. But, Ivy had for so long, wanted nothing other than to be with the Black Veil Brides on tour. And, she would get that chance. 

Chapter One. 

Ivy

"I just don't want to hang out with someone that drinks and shoots heroin everyday," says one of my best friends "We've made a joint decision to kick you out of the band, we already have a replacement drummer," She then proceeded to turn around, and continue to ignore me, as she had been doing all week. All, I could do was get angrier and angrier. I tapped her on the shoulder, ready to terminate this. I opened my mouth. Something I should've never done. But, she lost me forever. So, I didn't care. 

"And, you know, it's just so pathetic and desperate of you to want to hurt me so bad, that you would believe anything you heard about me, before asking me about any of it, when I only would've been completely honest. Fuck you, Jennifer. You're not a best friend, you're not even a friend. I should've never trusted you. If you ever need support, or a friend, don't you fucking dare think of calling me," I say, feeling tears threatening at the back of my throat, and feeling myself shake. Her eyes teared up. I looked her in the eye, for the final time. "Good day," I spit the words at her. I noticed the silence behind me for only a second before putting my headphones in. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and barely heard my name, above my music. I kept walking, breaking into a run, as I raced to get away from that pain. My pulse raced, and I could still feel tears threatening me. Instead of heading for my next hour, I ran straight out the doors, eager to leave. I slid into my car. Being as I was eighteen now, I can do whatever I want, without my parents. So, I flew out of the lot, screaming home. Tears finally began to fall, one at a time. Slowly, slowly, as the lyrics to one of the best and saddest songs flooded my car. These times in life we learn to try, with one intention

Of learning how and when we'll die, but we cant listen I wish to god I'd known that I,

I didnt stand a chance . The smooth voice, the beautiful instrumentation behind it, I was in love with this band. The Black Veil Brides, of course. And, their song, Carolyn, named after Jake Pitt's mother. Now, granted, this album truly wasn't my personal favorite, but it was a work of lyrical genius, so I put aside what I loved about CC's drumming, for the brilliant lyrics. And, honestly, it was worth it. The song slowly and painfully came to a close, and I swapped CD's at a red light, for the much more personally favorable Set The World On Fire, with CC's rhythmic masterpiece on. I raced home, pulling into the drive. We were on a main street. It wasn't agitating anymore. I swiftly flew out of my car, and stormed into the house. My parents were gone for a month now. They had left yesterday. I had 32 more days to myself. So, it was over a month, but whatever. I was sitting on my couch, doing what I normally do, writing poetry, and listening to music, when I heard a loud screech, and gravel crunching. What the hell? I took my headphones out, and waited to see if they were going to try and knock on my door. I heard a car door outside, and gravel under foot. Who the hell? I slowly get up, and peek out the peephole thing. It's a tour bus of some sort, I see them all the time, I couldn't see who was coming to the door though. But, I saw shadows in the windows of the bus thing. People were laughing and having a good time, is what it looked like. I stepped back, hearing the feet hit the pavement. I went back to the couch, waiting for the knock. Two minutes passed, and I began to wonder if they had turned back.