Chapter Fourteen

No author's note. 

Ivy 

I sit Ash down right in the back corner. He's smiles at me when he registers it's the back. 

"Hey, MORON," I say to him loudly, as he spaces out again. He looks up at me blankly. 

"Yeah," he says, casting his eyes down. "I like you better around CC. He puts you in a good mood," he mutters, more to himself than to me, but to me nonetheless. Jennifer stalks into bio. Oh, great. 

"I like me around CC better too," I whisper to him after the bell rings. I scratch at my arm, where his name is. 

Jennifer

What's she doing back here? And, why the hell does she have a cowboy with her? Is that the new kid? As I'm looking, the new kid looks up for a second, and locks eyes with me. 

Holy shit. 

Oh my God. 

He's fucking beautiful. Yes, HE is beautiful. He's obviously male, but those eyes... They're just oh so pretty. His eyes fall back down. I don't know who he is, but I want to gaze into his eyes. So much. They can't be perfect like that, but they are. They've got depth, and power, and seduction... And he's with WITCH?!?!? I mean, Ivy. She isn't my drummer anymore. I can't control who she goes out with. But, didn't she just.... she has a boyfriend. It's CC. The guy from Black Veil Brides. I myself idolize Andy. And made a total bitch out of myself right in front of him. I just wanted to show Ivy up more than anything. She deserves it. She's too amazing, and so beautiful. God damn, I have to face myself. But, NO. Ivy isn't beautiful, or too amazing. She is nothing. But, the guy she is with... The teacher walks into the door. And instantly looks at Ivy, and breaks into a smile. 

"Ivy. Back so soon?" he asks, with a disgusting smile. Ivy gives him a cool stare back. 

"Yes," she says calmly. 

"While you were gone, you went to Texas?" he asks. I wonder if that's the bitch's official story. 

"No," she says, her smile tilts beautifully. She's such a Gothic beauty queen. I want to melt. No, no, no! She isn't beautiful, or a Gothic queen. 

"I was referring to the cowboy attached to you," he says, laughing. She is so perfect with people. No, cut it out Demoness. She isn't perfect. You've got Howie, your boyfriend. Stop it. Ivy isn't beautiful, and this stranger isn't hypnotic. She looks at him again, her smile bringing complete peace, her smooth voice pulling her whole self together. The mystery boy looks at her, his own smile there, eyes hidden by the cowboy hat. They truly look perfect together. DAMN IT MYSTERY MAN SHE'S MINE. No, no, stop it. I pinch myself automatically. 

"I'm Drew," the mystery boy says. 

"Yes, well, Drew, we don't have hats in my biology class. Please remove it," so he does, revealing long black hair. It's got loose waves, straight parts, and some areas are tightly wound curls. His hair makes no sense, yet I want to run my fingers through it. But, Ivy's blue and white hair has the same allure. They're both freakishly beautiful, him being a western cowboy, and her being a beautiful Gothic queen never to be duplicated. "Green! What are you daydreaming about," he says to me. I'm Jennifer Green. I'm Black Demoness. This is me, lead singer for I Am Faithless. The band Ivy started with me. And, now I've kicked her out, and didn't even get a fight. I want her back in the band. I want her to be mine. No, no I don't. I pinch myself again. "Miss Green, I will give you a detention if you don't answer me," 

"Uh, huh, what?" What am I supposed to me answering? 

"What. Are. You. Daydreaming. About," he enunciates calmly, with wicked anger below the surface. Like Ivy. God, I miss this girl. 

"N-nothing," I stutter, glancing at the perfect two for another second, then throwing my head down. 

"That's what I thought," he says calmly. And then teaches. A note lands on my binder. I unfold it quietly. so you want ivy it says. No, I say shaking my head rapidly. My boyfriend stares menacingly at me. No, no I don't. I blow a breath out, and shake my long black hair out. No, I don't want Ivy. Another note. who are you convincing. me, or yourself it reads out. He looks at me with one last glance, and that glance says 'it's over, Jennifer," he turns his head back around, and won't turn around again. The teacher dismisses us as the bell rings. Howie shoots up. 

"HOWIE, STOP," I call, loudly. He moves faster. We have band together next though. So, it's all good. I'll catch him then. Ivy and Drew walk out laughing. They both get handed homework. They thoughtlessly shove it into their bags, and continue walking, and laughing. 

"Oh, and Ivy," the teacher says calmly. 

"Yeah," she calls back, with a casual nod. 

"Don't forget to stay protected," he says with a wink, and a nod to Drew. She looks at him disgustedly, and continues walking. I walk past him, thank him, and keep going, but not before I see something very obvious, sticking out of his jeans. Ugh, what a sick pervert. I follow behind Ivy, and Drew. There's something off about Drew. He seems... familiar. I shake my head. Ivy being back in school is messing with me. I pull into the 'never-ending-hall' and walk to the band room, past the rape hall. I see Ivy and Drew pull into the teacher's office. I stick around to listen to them. 

"This is the new kid," he says calmly. 

"Yes," Ivy says, calmly nodding her head. 

"What does he play, in our rock jazz class," 

"Bass guitar," Drew answers. Hmm... I walk into class, as the bell rings. The teacher gives Drew a bass guitar. 

"Class, as you know, today we will be practicing New Religion, by world wide known band, Black Veil Brides. And, adding a bass guitar player, Drew," the teacher says calmly. 

Ivy 

I whisper to Ash, or Drew, as he picked. 

"Hey, don't blow them away TOO bad," I snicker, taking my place at the drumset. The teacher directs him to sit near Howie. Howie gives me a slight smile. I nod back firmly. I am not angry with Howie, or Hossy Hospital. Jennifer obviously made the singular decision to kick me out. The music gets handed around. I've played this song a million times, so I'm perfect at it. Ash looks at me. I know he doesn't even need the music. Jennifer has voulenteered to sing. So, she gets the words. We're a band of misfits, but we always put a hell of a show on. And, it's not just my band, it's people. A school band of people. We're killer. Rockstars and jazz musicians. We're amazing. And, today, we start New Religion. I take it away with James. It feels good to be playing with them again, but this time, Ash takes over the bass, doing it absolutely perfect, as always. He's not even looking at the music, but banging his head, like me, and James. We're the ones that do this song the best. James and I would always have the time of our lives doing this. We were the closest. He had amitted to feelings for me a few years back, but I have CC now... And boy am I in love with that man. He's so... 

"Yo, let's do it again, drummer!" The teacher shouts. I snap out of my daydream. 

"Lets," I say with a smile. I tap it out, and we being the song again. I get lost in the music. We easily finish the hour easily. There's now a fifteen minute break. Ash and I stand outside. 

"Well, we made it through the first two hours," I say with a content sigh. 

Ash

"Yeah, we did," I say, with a smile.