Chapter Three

CC

She was the one that had hurt Icy. I could see it. And the filthy brat had the nerve to jump into my car. MY CAR. I didn't want her anywhere near Icy. My defense mechanism kicked in.

"You're the once that hurt Icy, I can see it in your filthy eyes. Get the fuck out of my car," I snarled at her. She whimpered at me, and started screaming at Icy.

"HOW COULD YOU LET HIM SAY THESE THINGS TO ME," she shouted. She began to wail, and I understood one thing as I tore out of Icy's drive.

"YOUFILTHY WHORE! YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING CC THIS WHOLE TIME!" she wailed so loud. I stopped, rolled my window down, and my immature side kicked in.

"JEALOUS?" I shouted back at her. I heard a strange noise. Icy. She sounded like she was choking. I turned swiftly to her. I was going to ask her if she was alright, but out of the strangling noises, broke a sound like bells. She looked up at me, and was smiling. She was actually smiling. It was crazy. And, I think she just laughed! Then, she rolled her own window down, and shouted at the brat too.

"HE'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR BOYFRIEND, I SHOULD KNOW," at that, I fell apart. I was laughing. Like really laughing. Really hard. I finally got over it enough to be able to drive, as the brat was advancing. I squealed my tires at her, and sped off with my captive. I'm really glad she has her purse on her, 'cause I'm not bringing her back. The band can handle getting her new clothes. She isn't ever coming back. I'm just saying. She's mine now. Okay, what's going on with me. I don't own her. If she wants to come back, she can. I can't stop her. I just kidnapped her. This is a crime. But, I don't really care. I've got her by my side. Unthinkingly, I place my hand on the center console. She flips music on. Then, I don't know if she was thinking or not, but she just kind of let her hand fall on top of mine. My heart surged. I thought she would've heard it, it was so loud. So, we sat like that for the 2 and a half hour drive back to the concert site. Half holding hands, is what you could call it. At one point, she used her other hand to pull her hair out of its thick ponytail. It falls around her shoulders, much shorter than I thought it would be. It hardly hit her shoulders, when I looked at her. She broke a small smile at me. Suddenly, she began singing along, and tapping the beat out on her one knee. The lyrics broke out from between her teeth.

Hey, slow it down whataya want from me

Whataya want from me

Yeah I'm afraid whataya want from me

Whataya want from me

There might have been a time

When I would give myself away

Oooh once upon a time I didn't give a damn

But now, here we are so whataya want from me

Whataya want from me 

She sang along to the pop lyrics well, and tapped out a beat with the same techniques I use when warming up. How odd. She can sing, and keep a pulse. That's actually very unusual. She noticed me watching her at a stoplight, the last one before the venue. People were starting to crowd. Fuck. 

"Don't worry, I'll get you through this," she muttered to me. I just nodded, and pulled into a parking spot. She got out, and motioned for me to get out as well. She pulled my hair back, and made it into a braid, and after rummaging around in her purse (I'm thoroughly convinced it's a black hole), she pulls out a hat, and throws it on my head, then, she starts to take her jacket off, but thinks better of it, seeing as it has my stuff all over it. So, she puts it in the car. We both hurry to the entrance. She talks to a security guard, and he lets us in, after peeking under my hat. 

"Hey, why'd they get in!"

"HOLY SHIT. NOT WORTH IT."

"THAT'S CC!" The crowd surges. We're already behind the fence. And they practically take it down. We run frantically towards the bus that she fixed hours ago.  

Ivy

He kidnapped me, and I accidentally showed off my drumming talent, the one that was actually his. Fuck. And, we had sort of held hands for the better part of three hours. What had I done to deserve this? Okay, so I had plopped my hand right on top of his, and then I had felt his pulse jump. That had made something deep within twist and turn, and my lips had begun to tingle and teem with the want for touch. It was so weird. I didn't even really expect it, so when it had happened, I had been sort of freaked. But, I let it go, and sat like that for hours. I didn't really totally want it to end. Now, I was falling behind a hair, but keeping up with his swift running. I slipped. The worst. On a cord. Twistin g my ankle. Falling, faster. CC spun back, and I felt strong arms envelope me, and suddenly I was off the ground, flying towards the tour bus still. Without moving. CC was carrying me. We made it, and he burst onto the bus, with me. 

"Hey, that's the girl that fixed the bus,"

"Why'd you bring her back?"

"So that's where you went,"

"Unheard of,"

All of the band members tackled him with questions. They fully recognized me again.

"Guys, this is Icy. Yeah, she fixed the bus. I hope you're okay with her coming on our tour for a while," he says, grinning at me, "because she is. Andy, I need to talk to you, it's important," he says, and sets me down on the couch. Ashley sits down next to me. 

"Hey. Your name isn't really Icy, is it," he says quietly. 

"Well, that's what I said to CC. I don't know why, I'm stupid. My name is actually Ivy. Not very different really," I muttered.

"You're not stupid," he says with a gentle smile. I can't smile back. I don't have the energy. Damn depression.

"I... I would smile back, but I'm suffering from major depression," I explain.

"Hang around us for a while. You'll feel better," mutters Jake to me. I pretend I don't know their names to them, though. They don't need to know I'm probably their biggest fan.

"A-ashley, right?" I ask Ashley, suddenly timid and shy.  He nods and points to the others. We're all very quiet, and he's practically introducing the others in a whisper. I don't know why. Maybe I seem that fragile. Looking around the van, I take notice of all the Ramune bottles that are like everywhere. 

"You liked the drinks," I murmur to Jinxx. He laughs, still in a soft demeanor. 

"Well, mostly CC. He wouldn't hardly let us have any. He likes you, you know," 

"He's just met me. Give him a month. You will all hate me," my usual depressive self coming out. 

"Doubt it," Jinxx says with a smile.

"Wanna bet," I say, and instantly regret. Jake hears, and jumps up.

"ICY WANTS TO MAKE A BET," he says REALLY FUCKING LOUDLY. I groan inwardly, too exhausted to vocalize the noise. CC and Andy come pounding back.

"A bet, on what," CC says at the same time Andy shouts 

"FIFTY," it was really obnoxious. Jinxx explains the whole thing. 

"Icy here seems to think we'll all hate her in a month," they all gasped, simultaneously. It was like they thought it was blasphemous for me to say that. They all disagreed with shouts, and CC was suddenly whipping me into his lap.

"Why would you say that," he says, his eyes full of concern. I mumured and squirmed like a little kid. He kept his arms looped around my waist.

"It.... It doesn't even matter," I said with a sigh, shaking my head. My heart feels heavy. They all seem to like me, yet I know I'm just a burden. How they could do this to themselves, I really don't know. CC nuzzles my neck. Something tugs at my lips. A smile. "CC, what are you doing," I whisper. He smiles at me, his eyes laughing. 

"CC," Andy's voice came across, calm and collected, "it's time to get ready. This goes for all of you," he looks at every band member, and then me, and adds, "you too,"  to which I don't know how to respond. CC just stands up, his arms still around my waist, carrying me back to where his makeup must be. I don't squirm, I'm too exhausted to do that.  He sits me in a chair, and begins to smear warpaint on my face.