Chapter Eleven

Author's Note: Hey, it's been pretty rough these past couple of chapters. They've been difficult to write too. Now, I'm trying to put some happiness back in because I'll be going to a Black Veil Brides concert for their Church of the Wild Ones tour! I"m really excited, but this story can't be instantly happy. Due to the nature of Ivy's situation, it's gotta get worse before it gets better, but it will get better, I promise! So, please, don't let me keep you waiting, go read! Every vote/fan/comment will be read, probably responded to, and I might fan back! Enjoy yourself, and if you see any errors, tell me! I will read all of the comments, I promise, and if you have a band you want me to fanfic, I will do it! If... I know the band of course! Alright, I'll stop babbling now. Happy reading!

-Katy

CC

She was laying there, her eyes shut tight. The nurse knocked on the glass. 

"Ma'am, there are some people here to see you," the nurse says to Icy. 

"Look, lady. I told you, if the visitor isn't a bunch of guys with hair like KISS, I don't freaking care!" 

"But, ma'am," she says, looking at us, "these people do have hair like KISS," that instantly brings Icy to life. She shoots up, looking straight at us. Each of us holds her gaze for a solid moment. She looks fleeting. Like, she's not really there. She looks like she's going to disappear. Ash steps around me, willing to speak first. He crosses the room, over to her. I had told them about rape victims at the hospital where I used to work. They generally can't handle a lot of touch. 

"Ivy," he says, breaking the silence.

"Ashley," she says, those ice blue eyes staring into his eyes. His soul must feel sliced, her eyes are that cool, and scary. 

"Can... can I hug you?" he blatantly asks. Oh, typical Ash. Her brow furrows in response. 

"Of course, why not?" he wraps his arms around her, cautiously. "Dude, really? Have you forgotten how to hug?" she then asks, throwing her arms heavily around him. I see the gauze encasing them, and wince. She pulls back, and looks at the rest of us. "Have you guys forgotten too? C'mon, get over here," she says with a smile. Jake goes over there, really hugging her. Andy and Jinxx follow. I can't move. It's unreal that she's here. The guys look at me expectantly, Icy casts her head down, pulling slightly at the gauze. I move over to her, the guys let me through. I see her look up just far enough to see that the pair of legs standing next to her has changed. She's still pulling at her gauze. 

"Ivy?" I ask quietly. 

"CC," she states solidly. Almost coldly. I feel slightly rejected. Ouch. She looks up at me, and I blink. Then, she's got her arms wrapped around me, tight as hell. It feels good. She feels sturdy again. I feel the gauze rub against my neck. I try to not move against it, but my spine stiffens a bit. I pray she doesn't notice. She pulls back. Shit. "CC?" she questions this time. I see she's been crying. I notice something else. How much makeup she normally wears, versus now. Oh wow. She is completely stunning right now. Like, totally model gorgeous. She's wearing almost no makeup. Like whatever was left from everything that happened. That's all that's left. A nurse must've washed her face or something. She stares into my eyes again. My soul is currently getting cut in half. Her eyes just bury so much anger and pain, it's scary sad.  I remember, she just asked a question with my name. 

"Yeah?" I reply.  

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've just done. I really am. I just thought I wasn't good enough for you, at all. I needed to show you. But, I haven't done that. They say if you love something, set it free," 

I cut her off. "And if it doesn't come back, it wasn't meant to be," I finish.  

"Yes," she says, swallowing, "and you came back. I just don't know if you see the other side of me. The reality. I'm done. My goose is cooked, I'm all over with. But, I'm still here. And, nobody knows that means that I'm meant to be here. I finally get that. For some reason, I'm not done with life. I think.... I think I went down a wrong path. I took the wrong turn at a fork in the road. And, for some reason, the big scheme of things has to turn me around. I don't know how I'm going to do it. But, I'm gonna need someone's help. Who, I don't exactly know. And, I don't wanna assume anything, but maybe, it's you guys. I really don't know. But, I'm going to try to live," she says. I see my smile in her eyes. "By the way," she says, looking at Andy and Ash, "I've been playing around with song lines in my head, and I've come up with something," she says.