Chapter Twenty

CC 

She needs me now. Why, I don't know. But, I'm going to be here for her, as I have been all this time. We walk to the door, keeping our hands tightly locked together. We get to the front door, and she opens it. Her old band is standing there. Everyone, minues Jennifer. 

"Ivy," says one of them, Howie, I think. 

"Howie," she replies, tightening her grip on my hand. 

"How are you?" he replies. 

"A little worried," she responds. I unlock my hand from her's and wrap my arm around her waist. 

"You should be," another replies. James. "Jennifer told us to call you, and tell you to go to her house," he says shakily. "Then, she hung up, and shut her phone off," 

"Oh," Ivy says. 

"Let's go to her house," I say. Icy smiles up at me. 

"CC, I have a secret," she says. 

"Yeah?" I ask. She leans up into my ear. 

"I love you," she says in my ear. I turn, and catch her lips with mine. I pick her up, and take her to my car. 

"Lead the way," I say to the guys. They nod. 

"CC, can I talk to you?" Howie says. 

"Yeah. Icy, get in the car," I say. "What?" I ask him. 

"Thanks..... for taking care of Ivy and loving her. She needs you in her life. She loves you. A lot. Thanks for caring for my drummer," he says. I nod. 

"Who wouldn't love her? She's my whole world," I reply. It's true. She is my whole universe. Everything. He nods firmly at me. I get into my car, and take Icy's hand. She smiles, and kisses my cheek. I get out of the drive and follow their car. It takes ten minutes to get to her house. There's a note on the door. Ivy only it says. She squeezes my hand, and lets go. 

Ivy

I walk into the house, with the open door. 

"Jennifer?" I call out. No reply. I go into her kitchen. There's a CD player on the counter, and it has a note near by that says play me. I hit the green button, and Jennifer's voice starts up. On the CD. Huh. 

"Hey, Ivy. I know you're listening to this, because, well, I planned it this way. I love you, Ivy. More than I can ever scream. And, I know you won't ever love me like I love you. So, you're the only person I'll ever love. I just don't want to torment you. You aren't at fault for this. I just want you to be happy with who you're with, Mr. Christian Coma. He deserves you. Only he can treat you like you need to be treated. I've seen your scars. They say his name. I have a letter with me. You have to find me. I'm in my house. Don't invite the others in yet, I know they're standing outside. Under this CD player is the song you wrote, Lost It All. I know where it is now. It's on the Black Veil Brides's newest record. Good for you, Ivy. Be an author. That's what you're best at. Taking people to other worlds. Just do it. And, Ivy.... I love you. I love you, but I have to do this. I love you more than I could ever scream," and then Mortician's Daughter by Black Veil Brides starts up. I listen through the song, and go up to her room. After taking my song back, of course. It is on BVB's new album now. That, I couldn't be more proud of. I look in all of the rooms upstairs. Nothing. I pound downstairs, into the basement. I step into the guest room, in their basement. There lays my best friend, pale as a ghost, clutching a letter.  Dead. Dead and gone. Dead. I take the letter from her hands. Opening it, I prepare for the worst. 

Ivy, 

I love you. Just know that. I have nothing more to say. This was my fault. Tell them I love them all. Tell Andy I love him. Tell everyone my final moments have been full of love. Just know that. My final moments were worth more than my whole life. Much love, forever. - Jennifer

I look up at her lifeless body, and kiss her forehead. 

"You're loved, Jennifer," I whisper. I go back up the stairs, and head out to the front door. I don't say a word. The only thing on my mind is CC, and how much love he can give me. I walk past the others, straight into CC's arms. I feel the leather encase me, just as it did the first time I ever hugged him. 

"She's dead," I say, facing away from his chest for a moment. They run into the house, I can feel them leave. I feel CC's heartbeat. I look up at him, still not having shed a single tear. She's gone. That's all I know. His eyes are sad, he knows what I'm going through. 

"Ivy..." he never uses my real name. He knows the severity of this. "Ivy, I love you," he says. He says the exact words I need to hear.  The words I need more than any words I've ever needed in my life before. 

"Christian Coma, I love you with everything I am," I say to him, finally. He kisses me. Soft, sweet, and everything I need. 

~the next day, Graduation~

 Ivy

I swallow, standing in the line. Ready to recieve my diploma. I look out from behind the curtain. The whole band, along with their beautiful girlfriend/fiance/wives in the crowd. Ashley is sitting with his new girlfriend, Nikki. She goes by Sixx though... She's a Motley Crue fan. He can explain how they met, I'm not doing that. I'm not sure I even understand it... Either way, the whole band has been claimed. And we're all totally happy that way. 

"Ivy Cerellis," a voice booms. I walk onto the stage. 

"THAT'S MY BABY GIRL," CC shouts. The whole goddamn crowd laughs as I turn red. He knows how to cheer me up. I accept my diploma after that, and leave the stage. I sit in my student designated seat, and wait for everyone to finish. 

"Somebody has requested to make a speech. They didn't go to this school, but they want to make it anyways," he says. My phone goes off in my purse. It's Ash. pay attention it reads. What?

"Hi," CC says, into the microphone. What? "Some of you may know me, I'm Christian Coma. Drummer for Black Veil Brides," a scream shouts. Some girl just creamed her dress. "Some of you probably know my girlfriend, Ivy Cerellis. She's my best friend, my girlfriend, and my lover all in one. The way it should be. Minus one thing. Ivy, could you come up here?" I stand, people around me encouraging me. I walk up to the podium. 

"What are you doing?" I hiss. 

"You'll see," he whispers back. He then reaches into his jacket pocket, and my heart stops. Literally. It stops. He pulls out a little box. Oh.... My God. "Ivy Cerellis," he says, clearly, into the microphone. 

"Yes," I say, cocking my head, eyebrow raised, masking my shock. 

"Marry me?" he asks, not in the microphone this time, but just to me. 

"Yes," I say, calmly. "Yes," I repeat. He smiles, and wraps his arm around my waist. His lips meet mine, and I smile.  

"She said yes!" he shouts into the mic, and everyone in the room goes nuts. 

"You're going to have a lifetime of happiness, enough for both of us," Jennifer whispers in my ear. So, she's here too.... She's happy now, I can tell it. Good. She may be physically dead, but she's in my heart still. And, she's a spirit, she just talked to me. CC takes my hand, and puts the ring on it. I look at it. It's the ring I went gaga over when I was ring shopping with Jinxx. It's not the ring he got for Sammi, but I couldn' care. I have this ring now... And I'm engaged to the man of my dreams.