Chapter Nine

Author's Note: Yup. Everything is suddenly dark and scary. Can you guess what happened? STORMY DAYS AT SEA. THAT'S RIGHT. - Katy

CC

"Ivy?" She looks destroyed. Oh, God. Her father did something dire. I knew there was something way off about him. Ivy shuffles forward, her face covered in distraught, and guilt. Guilt? How st-

"He," she says, suddenly hurtling herself at me. I catch her flying body. She actually jumped at me. 

"He what, Icy?" I ask as she starts sobbing into my shoulder. "What'd he do?"  I say, to the officer though. The officer just shakes his head sadly. Icy whispers something into my shoulder I can't understand. I don't say anything. Her mouth slips up to my ear. 

"He. Raped. Me," she whispers. It's like someone threw a switch. I freeze. Like a block of rock. I hear the front door, but I can't move. Anger has rooted me to the spot. I don't move a muscle. 

"CC, Ivy?" Andy's voice calls. He gets onto the drive, I hear the gravel. I still haven't moved. I don't know if I can. "Hey, what's going on?" he asks, tapping me on the shoulder. 

"CC?" Icy's voice quietly in my ear. Her voice flips that switch again, and I'm alive, and vividly angry. 

"Icy, what's going on?" Andy asks. "Why is there an officer here?" he's utterly confused. I turn to Masterson. 

"Is the bastard behind bars?" I growl. 

"I'm afraid Ivy must identify him, among other suspects," sasy the cop. A car squeals into the drive. A tall, Italian looking woman gets out. Icy squeaks, and curls into my side. 

"IVY CERELLIS. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!" screams the woman. 

"That's my mother," Icy whispers. I'm furious, and this woman is just making me angrier. So, simply put, I yell at her. 

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO MY GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT, YOU STUPID BITCH! HER OWN FATHER JUST RAPED HER, AND YOU'RE GOING TO TALK TO HER LIKE THAT?!?!?!?! YOU'RE COMPLETELY FUCKED UP. DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO THE GIRL I LOVE LIKE THAT!!!!" I'm screaming louder than I ever have in my life, and my shouts echo in the night. Andy puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"Calm down, Chris," 

"Please, calm down. You're saying things you don't mean," Icy says. Her mother laughs at me, a sick sound. 

"Nobody could love that," she spits, and laughs, pointing at Icy. She sounds like a snarling dog. 

"Ma'am, please leave," says Masterson. 

"Don't tell me to leave my own house," she scoffs at the cop. 

"Ma'am, I'm asking you to leave," she tries to slap Icy, but I swat her wrist away. 

"Nobody will ever love you, Ivy," 

"Wrong," I say. She looks at me, anger vividly striking her face. 

"I'm not wrong," she sneers at me. 

"I love her," I say. She laughs. 

"I was an alcoholic sixteen year old when I gave birth to that little shit. She's worth nothing," her mother laughs. 

"You're wrong, mom," 

"What." 

"I'm worth something to him," she says, looking not at her mother, but at me. 

"No. You're kind of starting to be worth everything to me," I say, admitting how I feel. 

"Mara, Cerellis," says Masterson. 

"What, you shit," she sneers at the poor cop. 

"I'm going to have t-" 

She slaps the cop. "Christian, please take Ivy inside," 

"Sure," we go in. A shrill scream sounds. The poor man had to tase her. 

~20 minutes later~

A scream sounds. It sounds like Icy screaming into her mattress or the floor. She went up to her room, asking to be alone. Something heavy falls, and the scream cuts off. 

"We should check on her," Ashley says. The thud is too heavy to be anything but a bookshelf, dresser, or Icy herself. 

"Yeah," I agree. Something in the atmosphere puts us on the same page, and we very quickly run up the stairs, followed by the others. 

"Where is she?" 

"Oh God!" 

"What room?" 

"In here," I say, trying to get the door open. "It's locked," I barely think as I kick it repetitively. 

"Lemme help. 1, 2," Ash and I kick it at the same time, and it comes crashing down. The room is completely dark. I see a slumped figure, and it's obviously Icy. She twists around, looks, and her eyes fixate on me. 

"CC, I'm...... sorry," she whispers. I rush over to her. She looks at me with sad, tearful eyes. 

"CC..........I," 

"Icy, stay with me,"

"I love you CC, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sorry," she whispers, crawling into my lap. I feel hot, sticky liquid everywhere. Blood. 

"I love you too, Ivy. I love you too. Please, stay with me," I beg. She reaches up, and cups my cheek with her hand. 

"You don't mean it," she says, smiling through her tears. Tears fill my own eyes. Her hand falls away, and I feel her hot, slick blood on my cheek. She loses conciousness, and I clutch her closer. 

"She's upstairs," Jinxx says, somewhere downstairs. Feet pound on the stairs. People buzz around. 

"Sir, let her go," all I can do is follow the command in hopes that she'll live. My arms simply fall limp. She's removed from my lap. A thousand thoughts in my head. Ivy leaves my vision. 

"She's gonna make it," I whisper. Jake comes up near me. 

"Yeah, she is," 

                                                                               ~*~

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out, groggy. It's an unknown number. I answer, not knowing what else to do. 

"Is this Christian Coma?" says a female voice. It sounds sympathetic. Why? 

"Mmhmm," I mumble, groggy as hell. I don't know where I am, or how I got here, or anything. 

"Ivy... Your girlfriend, she didn't make it," she says. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, my chest suddenly tight, although I know the answer. 

"Ivy died, sir. I'm really sorry," 

"Oh. I've got to go," 

She's gone.