Chapter Ten

Author's Note: Just read. 

CC

I wake up with a sudden, startled scream. I'm drenched in sweat. I'm laying on a floor. In blood. Ew. A door opens, casting light into the room. 

"Christian, are you okay?" Jinxx's soft voice carries through the room. 

"No," I answer plaintively. I hear him cross the room. He sits down near me. "Is she...... alive?" 

"She's been stabilized," he says. I blow a breath out.

"What kind of wounds?" I ask the question. 

"You aren't going to like it," he warns. 

" Just tell me," I say.

"Alright. Well, on her wrists, she slit one, and carved a word into the other," my heart beats faster than ever. 

"Is that all? What was the word?" 

"That isn't it. She also carved her abdomen. The word in her arm was...... CC," I draw in a rigid breath. 

"Her abdomen?" 

"Christian Coma," 

"You're kidding," 

"Afraid not. Why don't you come downstairs? Everyone else is down there. 

"Sure," We both stand. I feel sort of weak. My eyes burn and my gut sits like a rock. "Oh, man... I feel awful," I say, nausea battering me suddenly. My stomach lurches. I race for the bathroom, suddenly violently sick. Ten minutes later, I pull myself off the floor. Jinxx is watching me warily. I look up into the mirror. Oh, bloody hell. I look bloody disgusting. My face is a mess of eyeliner, sweat, tear streaks and blood. I moan. 

"Here," Jinxx says, handing me a wet paper towel. 

"Thanks," and I start to scrub my face. 

"Hey CC," Sammi says. 

"Oh, go away. I don't want you to see this," I say. "I don't want anyone to see this," I add, moaning again. 

"No. I'm here to help you," she says stubbornly. 

"Sammi," I moan. 

"Let me help so you don't scrub your face raw and red," she offers. 

"Ugh. Fine," I give in. She starts to work on my face. And, within minutes, I look human again.

"There," she says. 

"Chris!" Jake shouts. I stand, Jinxx and Sammi in tow. I walk down the stairs, still feeling sick. 

"What, Jake?!!?"

"It's the hospital," he says, holding out a phone. I snatch the phone up. 

"Hello?" says a voice. 

"Hi,"

"Is this Christian Coma?" 

"Yes," You're involved with a girl named Ivy Cerellis?" 

"Yeah," 

"You're a lucky man. She's gorgeous. And still alive. You can come see her, actually," 

"Can I get the hospital's address?"

"Well, there's someone outside for you. Bye, Mr. Coma,"

"Guys, come on," they run down. "We're going to see Icy," I say, already half way out the door. 

"CC, wait just a sec! The hospital isn't going anywhere, you know," Andy shouts, irritated with my impatience. I can't help it! I just want to know she's alive still, and that dream I had isn't exactly helping.

"Well, pardon me for wanting to see my girlfriend!" I yell at him. She's not actually my official girlfriend yet, seeing as I haven't actually asked her out yet. I mean, we've admitted feelings for each other, but that's it.  But, I still love calling her my girlfriend. 

"Okay, we're coming," Jake calls. 

"Finally," I mutter impatiently, and angry.  I want to go now! It isn't my fault that I have the patience of a ferret. "HURRY UP!" I shout. They say they're coming, and then they take forever! God! 

"Calm down!" They finally come into view. Well, Jake, Ashley, and Andy. 

"JINXX!" I scream. GAH they take forever! 

"Dude. Chill," Jinxx says, finally coming into view with Sammi. I narrow my eyes at them, then whirl out the door. Sure enough, there's a big ass Hummer outside with "CALIFORNIA STATE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRANSPORT TEAM" emblazoned on the side. The windows are down, and the driver shouts out. 

"Are you Christian Coma?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Cool. C'mon! That girl has been whining about you ever since she woke up!" 

"Really?" 

"Yes, now let's GO!" I jump into the back, diving head first. Everyone else piles in, and we're off. God, I need to see her, and NOW. I have to know she's really alive. Part of me still doesn't believe she is. What kind of condition is she in? How much pain is she in? How long has she been awake? 

"CC, stop bouncing!" Andy almost shouts. Wow, my mental babble is LOUD if I can't hear Andy. 

"What?" Was I bouncing? Really? I don't think so. 

"Stop bouncing. You're practically moving the whole car," Andy says. 

"Oh. Sorry," I say. Minutes later, we pull into the hospital. I practically jump out of the car. We're at the entrance to ICU. I bound through the doors.