Chapter Fifty-Four

Violet watched as a large brown rat scurried across the muddied ground, he paused to glance her way before sniffing into the air and sprinting through the prison bars. She sighed and banged her head against the brick wall. The prisons of the red keep were nothing luxurious, they stunk and all she could hear were people dying and yet she knew things could be much worse.

She felt immense satisfaction knowing she got Sansa out of the clutches of Cersei. And she knew as long as the white walkers were still out on the prowl and her sister was hell bent on taking the throne, here in her cage beneath the red keep she was the safest of them all. Safe among the shit and dirt and decay.

Her ears perked at the echoing sound of heels against stone. It wasn't but a moment later, the Queen herself stood outside her cell. She was surprisingly alone, not like Violet could do anything in her position anyway. Cersei's long red gown dragged along the muddied ground, Violet smiled in satisfaction knowing it probably was killing her to be down in the dungeons.

"I must say I am underwhelmed by your surrender." Cersei said with a tilt of her head. "I've heard vicious tales of the Northern bastard killing everything in her path, and now here you are. In a cage."

Cersei smirked and rose a lip in distaste. Violet knew Cersei thought she had won, it was written all over her smug face that was covered in expensive makeup. What Cersei didn't know was that the North had fallen, and soon the white walkers would be clambering at her gates, a threat she thought she didn't have to worry about.

"I am also underwhelmed by the brother fucker, Cersei Lannister. So horrible a mother, her own son killed himself. The name Kings Landing is quite fitting don't you think?"

Cersei sneered heavily, her jewel covered hands gripping the bars in front of her in anger. "You murderous bitch!" She growled.

"The world was better off without Joffrey and you know it." Said Violet, playing with some of the dirt smeared beside her.

"He was my son." Cersei growled through clenched teeth, her fingers still gripping the dirty metal bars. 

"He was a monster." Violet sighed. She felt not one ounce of remorse for killing Joffrey Baratheon, and she would do it a dozen more times if it meant making sure Sansa was safe. She would do anything for those she loved. It was the one thing her and Cersei had in common. "Don't act like you didn't know it yourself. He was a petulant ruler, and a selfish king." 

Cersei's eyes closed, as if savoring a moment long forgotten before she said; "He was just a child." 

"Bran was a child when your brother pushed him from that window." Violet grumbled, pushing herself off the cold dirty ground. " Sansa was a child when you and your son locked her up and tortured her. Arya was a child when she watched your son behead her father, Rickon was a child when he was shot through the back with a fucking arrow!

My sister was a child when she was a sold off to a warlord, I was a child when I was forced to run for my life thanks to your family." 

Violet had stomped so close she was now face to face with the Queen, She could see the tiny blue flecks in her angry green eyes. Her golden hair was much shorter than the last time Violet saw her, a look that was unbecoming of the feisty Queen. 

"So don't play the card that he was just a child. Just own the fact that you were a terrible mother , and an even worse Queen." 

Cersei released a breath, while also unlatching her pale white knuckles from the bars. She slowly turned around, taking several steps away before turning back. Her eyes had lost that fire,  that fight. She looked like the grieving mother she was, instead of the vengeful Queen that had first arrived.