Chapter Forty-Eight

Rhael descended through the clouds, his large green wings flapping slowly. He landed on a large green patch of grass, his claws digging up the dirt that was hiding beneath. Violet was steady upon the landing, Jon, who was riding behind her – not so much. He wobbled and struggled to keep hold of Rhael's large green scales. Violet sent him a reassuring smile over her shoulder before the pair gently slid off Rhael, who then eagerly flew off to reunite with his brothers.

Tyrion and Vary's were there to greet the pair on Dragonstone, they welcomed them with open arms and warm smiles on their faces.

"My friends!" Violet exclaimed, quickly pulling both men into a hug. Jon smiled at Tyrion before nodding in Vary's direction as the pair had never had the pleasure of meeting.

"Jon, Varys here is the reason I ended up in Winterfell as a baby." Violet told her best friend, smiling gratefully at the bald man in front of them.

Jon's smile widened before he eagerly gripped Varys' hand between his glove covered palms. "I will forever be grateful for that. I couldn't ask for a better friend than Violet."

"She is quite remarkable." Tyrion exclaimed, sending a wink in Violet's direction. "Your sister is waiting for you in the throne room."

Violet had grown used to serving at Dany's side, but Dany had always done a good job at treating Violet as her equal. Yet for some strange reason Violet no longer felt the equality between the two twins, as Violet had traveled so far to speak with Dany – and she couldn't be bothered to leave her throne.

The coolness between the sisters was immediately felt when they stepped into the throne room. Dany was perched on top of the dragon engraved throne, her jeweled covered fingers resting in her lap, with Grey Worm and Missandei by her side. Several Dothraki and Unsullied soldiers were lining the rooms. Though Violet felt the amount of guards was a bit much as they were isolated on an island and the only visitors would cause no harm.

"Sister." Dany greeted sternly, making no effort to rise from her throne. Her usual excited nature at seeing her twin was gone, and a Queen stood in her place.

"I'm not happy, Violet. Could you figure out why that is?" Asked Dany, motioning with her hands for her twin to come closer. Violet frowned at the command but followed her orders with Jon at her side.

"I don't like games, Dany. What upsets you?" Violet asked, her hands on her hips in frustration.

"I'm told you do not wish conquer the iron throne by my side any longer."

"We have more important things to worry about right now. I've already explained to you the army of the dead. They could be closer than we even realize now!" Violet argued.

"That is now why I came here." Dany responded. "I came here to take back the seven kingdoms."

"With all due respect, there won't be any kingdoms to rule when the Night King is done with it!" It was Jon who took his turn to speak, backing up his best friend that stood passionately beside him.

"You must be Jon." Said Dany, who took that as her opportunity to rise from her throne. She walked slowly over to the pair before giving the bastard a look over and then turning to her sister.

"I thought you were bringing the lady of Winterfell with you." Dany recalled with a raise of her eyebrow.

"Sansa is busy preparing the northerners for winter and the wars to come. I've come in her place." Jon responded. Dany's annoyance at him was very evident with the roll of her eyes and the swish of her gown as she turned away from them.

"I do not have time to send my men to silly battles full of make believe monsters."

Violet couldn't believe what she was hearing. What had flipped within Dany that made her no longer trust her own flesh and bloods word as truth? Why couldn't Dany see the real threat that needed to be dealt with before anything else? How dare her twin treat her as a visitor when she's done nothing but fight and be loyal at her side!

"Do you deny the white walkers existence? Even after hearing it from your own sisters mouth?" Jon asked, his brown furrowed in frustration. He was also appalled at the actions of the woman before him.

"I do not deny that you fought something while beyond the wall. Yet I cannot believe it was as horrible as you have made it out to be. If what you're saying is true, then we can deal with the threat after I wear the crown."

Violet's arms flew to the air in anger before she clutched at her silver locks and growled quietly. "Dany, you can't rule over a kingdom of corpses. The Night King is way better at that game than you are."

Dany's steps faltered for a moment before her head whipped around to face her twin. Her gaze softened slightly upon seeing the fire in Violet's eyes before her stare turned itself on Jon. "You need my help?" She worded it as a question, but it was a question she clearly already knew the answer to.

"We do. You've got the man power, and fire is one thing that kills them."Jon motioned to the sky, speaking of the dragons that were flying overhead.

"If I give you my help, what will I receive in return?" Dany asked.

Violet rolled her eyes and scoffed. "What do you want?" She asked.

"Bend the knee." Dany said to Jon. "Pledge the north and House Stark to me, swear your armies will fight for me when the time comes. Only then will I give you my support and my men to fight this army of the dead you speak of."

Violet and Jon made eye contact at her request, Violet was sending him a silent plea not to upset Dany after she had finally agreed to help. Jon gave Violet a barely noticeable shake of his head before his fury filled eyes turned to Dany.

"House Stark, the northern houses, as well as the Free Folk are all already pledged to a Queen. And we will not abandon her after she fought beside us and saved us all from certain death." Jon spoke passionately, his hand resting on the sword at his hip, and Violet suddenly wished Jon knew how to lie – he was never good at it.

Jon was loyal to a fault, and she knew the second Dany put her deal on the table that it would not go in her favor. Dany's calm demeanor had been forgotten, and in it's place an angered dragon poised for attack.

"Is that so?" Whispered Dany, her fury filled eyes turning to her sister.

"I did not declare myself Queen, sister I –"

"Enough!" Dany cut her off with a shout. "I always feared your loyalty would be brought to question. I see my worries were correct."

Violet furiously shook her head. "There is no question of loyalty on my side. I'm loyal to protecting the people you want to rule over! I don't want to see an army of the dead take over Westeros, because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!"

Dany was shaking in anger and frustration at the questioning at her ability to rule, especially from her twin. Her palms were clenched at her side and she gritted her teeth to the point where her jaw ached. Kings Landing was so close she could almost smell if from her castle on Dragonstone, the iron throne was just a mere inches from her grasp and she felt she was already losing the support and she had barely arrived. She could not be made a fool of, not in front of Jon Snow, her advisors and the commanders that were surrounding her.

"Seize them!" Dany called over her shoulder. Violet had suddenly never felt more betrayed than she did in that moment. She whipped her sword off her back, causing Jon to follow her lead and pull Longclaw from it's sheath on his hip.

She was expecting a fight, but that wasn't what she received. She received hesitation of the soldiers in the room as their allegiances were suddenly also being called into question. While they may have followed Dany from the fire in Vaes Dothrak, or had been set free at her hand, they still viewed Violet as a friend and an ally they had all fought beside. None of them wanted to fight her, regardless of their queen's command.

"You would really take me prisoner, Sister?" Violet whispered, her heart shattering as her sister – the breaker of chains, was standing there willing to throw her in a cell.

"The iron throne is all I've dreamt of. I can't give up that dream." Dany responded, with tears in her eyes.

"Then I hope you get everything you want, Sister." Violet sheathed her sword, before turning on her heel and marching out of the throne room, Jon quickly following behind her. The pair passed both Tyrion and Varys, as well as Theon and Yara Greyjoy who were surprisingly standing in the doorway. While Violet and Jon had mounted Rhael and were swiftly flying back to Winterfell, the four of them were all suddenly questioning which side of this war they truly wanted to be on.