Chapter Eight.

Violet's brain was starting to throb with all the thoughts running through her head. Only hours prior and  nothing in her life had really changed, other than location. She was still Violet Snow, the girl who loved to hunt, had a thrill for battle and was always slightly unusual. Now everything had changed and she now had family in a far off land, and was now being hunted by the king. 

Every thought that could go through her head at some point, did. She thought about Jaime Lannister and how gallant he was with her, and then remembered he was the king slayer, and that king was her father. She became enraged with the man she had only spoken to once, the man who ripped her family away from her. But that rage subsided when she realized that had he never done that, Jon Snow and the Starks would have never been a part of her life, which saddened her.

The thoughts turned to her brother and sister who lived in Essos, and about how they were fairing and what they were like. She would love to finally find someone else with her bright silver hair, and hopefully someday she would. She thought about the throne and about what kind of queen she might be. She didn't want the throne in the least bit, she was a soldier, a warrior. But she felt a piece of her belonged on the iron throne forged by her ancestors. 

She wondered what became of Ned and whether or not the King charged him with treason for helping her. Many times she stopped and contemplated taking the Kings road back South to find him, but she had wandered from the road long ago, and wasn't quite sure what direction she was even traveling. She was hoping it was North, but she couldn't quite tell.

Soon enough, days and nights had passed and she felt her sanity and health withering away. Her horse could easily graze and eat the grass they traveled upon, and drink from the streams that passed them by. But Violet did not have suck luck. She carried only her sword, her bow laying in a cart that was probably on the road for Kings Landing, or burned depending on King Roberts mood. So hunting was hard, her stomach was yelling at her for sustenance, the last time she ate seemed to be days prior.

She eventually found her way to the Kings Road, and after watching for soldiers for over an hour, she mounted her silver mare and started traveling again. She came upon another Inn, one that seemed to be bustling with people from all different kinds of houses, thankfully none Stag or Lions. Violet was undeniably noticeable with her bright hair, but she hoped the hood kept some attention off of her.

The sounds of men belching, singing songs and slamming dishes onto the wooden tables filled her ears when she entered the Inn. A young bar maid wandered up to her "Were filled up Lovey"

"I only need a meal, I'll then be on my way" Violet said softly to the young girl, who seemed to be sizing her up. "Alright, get a seat where you can" The bar maid told her, and wandered off to fill up some soldiers glasses of ale. Violet sighed and tried to find a seat in this overly filled Inn, the only seat being beside what appeared to be a woman with a cloak similar to her own. But a smile spread wide across her face when she saw the man who trained her in combat sitting across from her.

"Ser Rodrick!" Violet exclaimed with enthusiasm to the man with hair the color of snow. Ser Rodrick glanced up and returned the smile having not seen the young girl in weeks. "Violet, what are you doing here?" He asked as he stood and patted her on the shoulder as a greeting. Violet's face fell not knowing exactly how to explain why she was in this random Inn instead of with Ned and the Stark girls.

She felt a tug on her sleeve and looked down to see Catelyn Stark was the woman in the cloak, and Violet grew even more confused. "Violet, is it Ned? Please tell me he is alright!" She cried out to me, worry filling her eyes. She didn't know how to tell the Lady Stark that the last time she saw Ned, was when the King was yelling about treason. Violet had left Ned weeks ago, and surely if he had been imprisoned or worse Catelyn would have heard by now.