Chapter Fifteen.

Violet stared at herself through the glass. The glass that showed a reflection of someone she didn't quite recognize. Xaro Xhoan Daxos had presented her with a gift days prior; a dress of magnificent emerald green, adorned with gold shield plating along her collar and waist. He presented Dany with one similar, only the shade of the open sky. Dany looked incredible in hers, like she looked in everything she wore. All her dresses she would handle with care, and she floated and glided across the room -- where as Violet felt she stomped like a giant and tripped over her own feet. 

        She looked over to Rhael, he was rolling around on her bed as he tossed balls of fire into the air. She smiled at his carefree nature, something she herself took pride in. Or used to at least, that was before two kings were after her head. After her bloodline. She longed for those simple days where she just shot arrows in the yard with Jon, and chased Arya around. Those days were gone. 

        "I look rediculous" Violet said to Rhael. He only cocked his head and screeched as loud as he could.  She only laughed and allowed him to crawl up her arm and onto her shoulder. He nibbled playfully at her long silver mane causing her to stifle the laugh that she wanted to belt out. Never in a thousand summers  did she think she would play owner to a dragon, to be its mother. But after only a week Violet grew to love him, and she was never far away from him.

        She took one last look at herself in the mirror, and decided against wearing the silly green dress that could not sheath a sword. "That's it, I'm changing" She said and placed Rhael back onto her bed. She tossed the dress aside and slipped on her too small leather top that Arya has once sewn for her, and her tan breeches that were stained with Lannister blood. With her sword at her side and knives hidden in her boots, she felt more herself than she ever could in the finest silks.

        Rhael did not care, he simply perched himself once more atop her shoulder as she headed out of her quarters and into the city of Qarth.

        "I thought you were going to wear the dress?" Dany asked Violet once she arrived in the Qarth courtyard. She joined Dany, Ser Jorah and several of Dany's dothraki followers as they had a meeting with the thirteen to try and secure boats to sail back to Westeros. But after running for her life across the narrow sea for years, she was only slightly hesitant to go back. Robbs army and Jon were some of the only things pushing her to head home. 

        Violet shrugged. "Didn't quite fit right" She mumbled, and stroked Rhael's slender neck with her finger. 

        "You don't need your sword My Lady, there are more than enough people to protect you now" Ser Jorah said from Dany's side. Violet's eyes narrowed to him. She still did not trust him, something in her bones was telling her not to trust the man. She hated how close he was to Dany, and how much she trusted him. 

        "I trust nobody with my sister's life but me" She said, her hand resting on the hilt of her sword "And I put my life in my hands alone, no one else"

        Ser Jorah nodded and stepped back to Dany's side, a place he seemed to take up permanent residence. Violet rolled her eyes and took her spot on her other side, both of them doing what they could to protect their queen.

        "I wish you would trust Ser Jorah" Dany said softly to her as they walked into the building that housed the thirteen. "He has proven nothing but loyal to me" 

        "Ned Stark died to protect me, he protected my identity and Joffrey cut off his head. I trust his judgment in banishing Jorah for a reason. Ned was an honest man, and everything inside of me is telling me not to trust him" Violet said passionately when Jorah was out of ear shot. Dany sighed before fiddling with her dress.

        "Ned Stark also served under a king that slaughtered our family" Dany said bitterly "Maybe you are the one who has poor judgment" and with that, she walked ahead to stand before the counsel of the thirteen. It was then that Violet realized just how difficult it would be to fight along side her sister. They both pledged allegiance to different people, they both trusted different people, and where Violet had her sword, Dany had her words. Killing men might be the one thing she was good at, and she would have to leave everything else to her sister.

        "My lady" she heard Ser Jorah behind her. "I am as much a lady as you are, Ser Jorah" Violet said with a sigh.

        "You may not trust me, but you and I have one thing in common"

        "And what might that be?" Violet scoffed.

        "We both would die for your sister" and he walked forward to stand behind Dany as the thirteen were seated. Violet sighed before going to stand by her sisters side. Rhael growing increasingly anxious on her shoulder. 

        The thirteen argued with Dany for an hour, they refused them ships. Violet tried her hardest to not slice the spice merchant limb from limb, Dany held her back on several occasions. She got her wish only minutes later, as Pyat Pree had appeared in eleven forms and slit the throats of the people who sat in front of them. Xaro had been standing behind them and looked equally as shocked. 

        Both Violet and Jorah unsheathed their swords and stood protectively in front of Dany, Rhael was screeching on Violet's shoulder. "Take one step closer, and I will cut your head off" Violet sneered to the warlock who looked on the brink of insanity.

        "But I'm on your side" He said with a sickly smile, and disappeared into thin air. 

        "I don't think Qarth is where we will find ships, Khaleesi"  said Ser Jorah. He sheathed his sword feeling no impending danger, and led their group from the building. Violet however, was on high alert and had Beast in her hands all the way to their quarters. 

        She was right to do so, as they saw many of Dany's Khas lying dead on the ground. 

        "Sister, wait!" Violet called out as she trailed after Dany, who sprinted up the stairs past their bleeding bodies. "Stand guard!" Violet screamed down to Ser Jorah as she ran into her sisters chambers. 

        "No, no, no!" Dany cried out as she saw her handmaiden lifeless on the ground, and her dragons missing. Rhael took notice and cried out for his missing brothers. His tiny shrieks echoing against the walls. "Where are my dragons?!?" Dany screamed out, falling to her knees in front of the empty cages. 

        She bent her knee and wrapped an arm around her sister, pulling her close. Rhael crawled over to Dany's shoulder and nipped at her ear. "Who would take them?" Dany whimpered, grabbing Rhael into her palm and clutching him close. 

        "I do not know, but I swear I will kill them when I find them" Violet sneered, standing and looking out across the busy city. She felt like the world was against them in taking back their throne, and Violet knew first hand just how vile and ruthless the people they were fighting against truly were.