Chapter Thirty-One.

"What is it you need help with?" Violet asked, following Jon out of the dungeons and up another staircase. Jon turned back to look at her. Her shoulder was still bleeding, her wound was still gushing blood and yet she acted as if she were perfectly fine. She would always be one of the toughest people he had ever known in his life. 

"First I'm having Sam stitch your shoulder up, then I need your persuasive tactics with something," Jon told her, switching directions to head towards Sam's chambers. 

"Jon, I'm fine." Violet argued, pulling her hand from his. 

"You won't always be fine, Violet! Sure you're tough as hell but you aren't invincible. You must know that." Jon said to her. Violet could see he worried about her just as much as she did about him. So she sighed and nodded her head, letting him lead the way.

~

Gilly had actually been the one to stitch Violet up, Violet watching her baby stir in a tiny basket beside them on the table. She couldn't help but wonder how a woman as small as she with no weapons, and a tiny baby survived all on their own before coming to Castle Black. But she was no large woman herself, and couldn't judge based off looks. 

When Violet was ready to go, Jon pulled her into a room a few doors down from Sams. 'He really needs to stop pulling me everywhere.' thought Violet to herself. 

Mance Rayder sat in a chair in the corner of the room. Violet was even more confused as to why Jon needed her.

"You've come to persuade me to bend the knee." Said Mance, glancing out at the snow falling out of the window. 

"No." Said Jon. "She has." 

Both Mance and Violet whipped their heads around to look at him. 

"I have no idea who she is." Mance said, taking in the young girl. Violet eyed the king beyond the wall all the same. 

"And I will never convince someone to bend the knee for someone other than my sister."

"You're sister is queen?" Mance asked her. Violet shook her head. 

"Not here. Not yet. She's queen of Meereen. The iron throne is ours by birth." Violet told him.

Mance shook his head with a snort. "You southerners and your kings and queens. Have no clue what's really at stake." 

"I'm not a southerner." Violet argued. "I was raised in Winterfell." 

"You're south of the wall, that makes you a southerner." Mance said turning his attention back towards the window. 

"You've seen them, the white walkers. And you know what kills them." Said Jon. 

"Fire." Mance whispered. Violet hadn't known that. She heard the white walkers were terrifying and gruesome beasts. And this was the first she heard of how to actually fight them.

"I have a dragon." Violet suddenly interrupted, immediately pulling Mance to his feet. He walked slowly to her, drinking her in like a dornish wine. Violet placed a hand on her sword, Jon noticed and placed a hand atop hers. 

"The dragons are all dead," Said Mance looking into her violet colored eyes. She shook her head slowly. 

"They were, until my sister awakened them. We have three dragons between us." 

"That still doesn't make me want to kneel to a southern King." Mance told them. "My people won't follow a Southern ruler."

"Even if it means their survival? I talked to Tormund, I know all your people really want is safety." Violet told them.