Chapter Twenty-Four

Violet hated sailing. She hated being too far away from shore as she wasn't the best of swimmers. And while she had really only ever sailed five times in her life, she still never got her sea legs. She frowned and held tightly onto the wall of her cabin as another violent wave crashed against their ship. A large storm had hit them halfway to Westeros and seemed to have followed them every step of the way.

Her sister didnt have a ship to spare for her voyage west, so Violet bought passage on a Pirate ship that was leaving Slavers Bay for Dorne. A few of the men took interest in her , only thinking she was Dany. And the rest were more interested in the gold she tossed at them before locking herself away in her cabin. "Oh seven hells," Violet moaned as she was once again tossed against the wooden siding of the ship. At that moment she wished desperately that Rael was big enough to fly so she would never have to sail again. 

It was almost two hours later when the ship finally settled and she could hear the squawking of birds outside. She tied her swords back around her waist and flipped her hood onto her head before heading out onto the top deck of the ship.

"Were here," One of the deck hands told her as she walked by. "Not a moment too fucking soon," She responded causing a few of the pirates that were lingering around to chuckle.

"You be careful out there lovey, its common knowledge around Westeros of a silver haired queen." One of them said, blocking the ramp off the ship that led down to the docks. 

"I can take care of myself." She said trying to walk around the pirate whose name she never cared to learn. He continued to block her way. 

"That's Valyrian steel you have there, where'd someone like you come across something like that?" He asked taking great interest in the sword at her side. She glanced down at it before ripping it out of its sheath and placing it gently against his neck.

"Would you like to find out?" She said with a smirk. He smiled in response before holding his hands up in surrender and stepping to the side. It wasn't but a second later that Violet was running eagerly off the ship and towards the city of Sunspear.

~

Dorne was hot. A complete contrast to the weather in Westeros that she was accustomed to.  And while Essos was quite warm, it had nothing on Dorne. 

The city of Sunspear was beautiful though. Violet admired the freshly grown flowers that seemed to grow out of every pour of the city. The fountains that gave off their own cool breeze to the people who walked past them, and the buildings that were so unique and crafted to almost perfection, violet was almost jealous she wasn't smuggled into Dorne instead of Westeros. But only slightly.

With her bright hair and pale skin she stuck out terribly. The people of Dorne were much darker of skin, and the lightest hair color she saw was a chocolate brown. All of them looked at her like a foreign entity, an alien that had wandered into their land. But she kept her head high and one hand resting on the helm of one sword as she walked with purpose to the palace in the middle of the city. 

The moment she stepped within feet of the palace, two guards blocked her path with long spears. "Turn back now." One of them growled, causing Violet to smirk and take a step back. 

"Now see I can't do that. I've traveled way to far to just turn my ass around and walk back." She said, placing her free hand on her hip. "Now if you could let Prince Doran know that Daenerys Targaryen is at his gates, I would be more than happy to wait here. If not, I'll stand here as long as I have to. You'll get tired of me eventually." She said with a smirk, pulling Beast off her hip and sitting down on one of them steps at the bottom of the palace steps to polish her sword.