Chapter 26

I heard the soft tune of ringtone from my phone which was in my back pocket.
It was given to me by Mikey, nothing fancy just something to receive and make calls with.
I groaned as I peeled my eyes open and saw  that Lulu was still asleep.
"Who the hell is this?" I muttered as I tried to bring my phone out of my pocket.

When I finally brought it out, it already stopped ringing.
I opened the phone and my blood ran cold.
"71 missed called from Mikey. Shit!"
I scurried out of bed and went into the bathroom locking it behind me.

"Why was he calling me?" I re-dailed his number and brought the phone to my ear.
He picked at the first ring.
"Where the fuck are you?!" Was the first thing he screamed at me.
He frightened me...he has never shouted at me before.

"Am at a friend's close by. " I said slowly trying to understand what was going on.
"Get your butt down her Paige we need to talk. " he spat and the line went dead.
I blinked at my phone then shook my head.
"I wonder what he wants. "

I opened the door and jumped in fright shocked. "Lulu..."

"You going somewhere?"
"Yes. I'm going home. " I said slipping my phone into my pocket.

"I see he even gave you a cell phone."
She seemed off.
"No he didn't..."

"Yes he did. " she deadpanned.

I sighed.

What's up with everyone today?
First it was Mikey and now Lulu?

"Lulu you should go back to bed. " she looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"I don't feel like sleeping anymore. Why do you get to be happy and am not?" She said pointing at me with a sour expression on her face.

" Am tired of you getting everything I want when YOU are a nobody that everyone pities and no one wants to be with!"

"Lucille!"

She smirked. "Isn't it the truth? Your father left because of you. It was your fault Bryan left in the first place," she moved closer to me and grinned. "Even your own mother wanted nothing to do with you."

I smacked her across the face, the sound ringing through the room.
She glared at me as she held her face.

"You have no right! No right!! To talk about my family like that!"

"I have every right because you took him away from me. I love him,I love Bryan and you stole him. " she sobbed.

"What do I have...."

" he chose you over me!"

I shook my head surprised by she just said and annoyed that my best friend would trash talk me like that.
"I have to go. " with that I raced down the stairs and out of her house.

Lulu and I have been besties for as long as I can remember. She was that sister that I never had but always wanted.
Then we added Zachy to the mix and we became a family, we were close. So close that we shared everything together.
Our fears , our dreams,  what we wanted in life....who we liked.

Bryan and I started as frenemies.
We would fight, play then fight again. We would even prank each other just for the fun of it.

The day my father left, he was the first person to know because he playfully called me a bastard and so I cried.
I can never forget the shock on his face when he saw me cry.
Not long after, he also started crying and we comforted each other by talking about random things and what we liked then he bought me an ice cream cone and candy sticks with cream.
My the end of the day, let's just say I was swooned. In my eyes he began to look different and more mature.

Then the blushing started and the avoiding and a lot of other things till one day he just said he was leaving. This happened the two weeks after we kissed...just a random friendly peck that missed its target in his defence but I didn't care. I was already deeply in............

"What took you so long?" I blinked coming back to reality. "I didn't think you'd be here when you called. " he just rolled his eyes and entered the house letting me follow suit.
"So what did you want to talk about ?"
He sighed and sat down with a scowl on his face. "Think you should sit down too."

"Why?" He glared at me and I immediately sat.
He inhaled. " its about my wife, Adela. "

" what about her ?" He ran a hand through his hair and fell back on the couch then glanced at me. " she's pregnant. "

"She's pregnant?"
"That's exactly what I just said. "

He was right I truly needed to sit down for the news he just gave me.
His wife was pregnant with his baby or babies and there is  no way I was  going to take away that baby's father. It'd just be so wrong and unfair for me to do the same thing  my father's other woman did to my mother and I.

"Are you sure she is?" He sat upright. "Yes paige she is and the baby is mine, I've always wanted kids but with you. " he whispered.
"So this means we have to stop seeing each other considering the fact that you wife is pregnant with your baby and a child needs its father no matter what. "
He stretched and took my hand. "We don't have to. "

I stared at my feet.

"I know but it is the right thing to do isn't it ? When she finally puts to bed that child is going to need your undivided attention," I moved my gaze to his. "Because you're its father. "

"But I love you. " I smiled.
"And I love you too. "
He shook his head. "I can't do it. I can't not see you. "

"Me neither but it has to be done. " I smiled sadly.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes.
"Can I ...."
"You should..." I laughed. "You go first. "
He smiled. "I can't forget about you Paige and you can't asked me to. I love you and I care about you," he stared at my lips then my eyes. " if this is the last time I get to see you like this then please let me  kiss you Paige."

I laughed then smiled. " of course you can. "

He quickly connected his lips with mine  and pulled me closer to him.
I closed my eyes savouring the  way his lips felt on mine. The addictive taste and effects.

I felt his hand caress my legs as his other hand trailed under my shirt to unclasp my brassiere slowly.
We pulled away and then connected our lips again. "I love you. "
He grinned. " I love you too. "
He pulled away to take off his shirt and before I knew it, I was bare chested as well.
Gently, he pushed me back till I layed flat on the couch then hovered above me. "I didn't plan for this so I forgot about the condoms. "
"It doesn't matter. "  He searched my eyes then we began to kiss again.
My stomach clenched and my heart began to pound in my ribcage. I was afraid and excited at the same time with this fluttering feeling in my stomach.
I didn't know what to expect.

My breath hitched as I felt him and he caressed my face giving me a reassuring smile before he plunged into me.
Tears pooled in my eyes and I whimpered. "Sshh. "
He moved out and rammed back in making the tears spill and me cry.
"I know its uncomfortable Okay but in a little while it'll all feel better. Just bear with me. "
I nodded and inhaled.
He kissed me again as he pushed deeper and I moaned.
He pushed out a little and thrusted in a little deeper hitting that same spot again and I saw stars opening my mouth to cry out softly.
"Mikey..."

I  am very sure some of you guys were expecting me to write the complete scene but I won't because it is in appropriate for the younger readers who shouldn't be reading this but oh well I tried to warn them.

So long update. I tried so award me with a vote and some lovely comments.

Miguel Angel and Paige finally did it and now the story can progress.
Stay tuned for more chapters.

#Chelsea