Chapter 24

Miguel Angel

I opened my eyes in an instant and groaned.
I hardly ever dreamt of my past life, when things were easy and I had everything.
I had wonderful parents, also had a brother whose  name was Miguel Louise Johnson.
We were twins...so close, the same yet...different.

He was the better one, he had everything I ever wanted.
Had the cool girls at school...had the toys I wanted.

I was so envious of my twin brother. He always got to reel me up....got on my damn nerves.
Then there was this one time in the car...
I wanted to be the one hugging dad while he drove because I felt it was only right for me to get my own share out of my parents affection. 

They all called him the golden boy but he was anything but that.
He was a monster.
I had seen him do numerous sickening things to our classmates and the junior ones.
I saw the amusement in his eyes as he watched get punished for something that he did!
I wouldn't know about it but still, I would get the end of the rod while he was pampered.

Every single time he raised his hand to hit  the maid or the babysitter, my father would say that he had every right to because we were higher than them and women must have respect for the other gender regardless of their age.

He got off torturing the maids which sent them packing in an instant.
We had a new babysitter every week all because of him.

Oh how my parents worshipped him.
They loved him so much that it got them killed! Because of him I became an orphan!

Closing my eyes, I relaxed my head against the pillow then exhaled, the nightmare trying to drive me crazy.
I felt like what little hold that I had on my sanity was getting ripped away.
Turning to the side, I  glared at the digital clock sitting on the table displaying 11:05 in a bright blue colour.

"I feel sick. "
Grunting, I ignored the damn thing I call a wife. "Honey are you listening? I dont feel so good. "
She was driving me nuts in this house.
"What stupid concoction did you eat this time?"
She huffed. "My breakfast refuses to stay down. Anything I take in, I end up puking it up. " she complained.

"Then have you gone to the pharmacy?"
She rubbed her temple. "Why are you acting this way towards me? Need I remind you that I am your wife and that I could be pregnant with your baby?"
I snapped my eyes to hers. "I am not in the mood for your jokes or sick games just to get me to fuck you Adel," I spat sitting upright. "I don't have the energy neither do I think I have the patience for your nonsense."
She smiled in this strange way that had me confused for a while before I snapped out of it. "This is no joke Miguel Angel, I  am being quite serious with this."
I was speechless.
"We haven't had unsafe sex before. I always make sure to use a damn condom and if I forget, rest assured that you take those fucking pills!" She looked away and I narrowed my eyes at her.
"You do take them dont you?" She looked flustered. "I think that I might have slipped once. "

"You've got to be kidding me," I whispered running my hands through my hair. "I dont believe this. "
Adela frowned placing her manicured fingers on her hips. "Why? Aren't you happy that I might me pregnant? That you'll finally fulfill that dream of becoming a father. "

"Of course I want to be a father." It's just not with you.
I want a family with Paige though.
I smiled thinking about her.
You're like some love struck puppy.

I groaned. Get out of my mind!

"Baby? Is everything alright?" I blinked then gulped and smiled. "Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"
"Nothing. Am going to buy a pregnancy test. " I nodded calmly.
"On your way back can you get me some Benzodiazepine"
"Why do you take those? Are they good for your health? What are they for again?"
I rubbed my temple. "Just get it for me."
She glared at me.

"We'll talk when I get back. " I rolled my eyes. "Just leave. "

She scoffed walked out.

I couldn't possibly tell her the true purpose of my intake of those pills.
They kept me tamed.
It helped me sleep better at night and let me rest. 
I haven't really been paying attention since the last few days that slowly stretched to weeks.
My backup batch was back at the cabin and it wouldn't be safe for me to walk around like this.
I could snap.
I could give him control for days if I risked it. That would be a disaster.
I rested my head gently on the soft pillow imagining how it'd feel like to sleep with Paige.
It would be awesome.
I felt a tingling sensation in between my legs and closed my eyes.

Adela

Imagine how beautiful it would be to have someone call me mommy.
I smiled staring at the cute little baby clothes hanging in the rack.
I  wish the test comes out positive.
I wish I will be able to give Miguel Angel a child...someone to call his own but he wouldn't be happy.
I saw the horror on his face when I said that I could be pregnant.

I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall.
It would be stupid of me  for one second that Miguel Angel would let me be the mother of his babies.
I thought painfully.
Reaching forward I grabbed the pills that Miguel Angel said that he needed and placed it on the counter along with a few other goods that I just bought to prove that I shopped for stuff.

Seeing the bottle, the attendant rose an eyebrow. "Is it prescribed?"
"I think so, Its for my husband. " he grunted in response and helped me pack it inside a  shopping bag. "Thanks for shopping at Donny's." He said flatly.

I smiled a sad smile and walked away with stingy eyes and a heavy heart.

This chapter is really confusing... I know.
But as you continue progressing, you'll understand the moment you piece every information together.