Chapter 25

Bryan Endicott

I accepted the cup of coffee nervously as my brother sat at my side.
"You should calm down baby brother, it was an accident. Am sure Paige will understand. "
I sighed then gently placed the cup on the counter.

"No she won't. We are nowhere near how we used to be before. She wants nothing to do with me, heck, she even found herself someone new. " my brother looked at sympathetically.
"Maybe you should talk to Lulu, there may be a chance that she regrets it as much as you do. "

I felt stressed.
"This was not how I imagined my first sexual encounter would be like. I thought it would be something one could never forget...in a pleasant way that is. "
"Not necessarily, " he turned around to grab the cereal. "Sometimes no matter how pleasant and satisfying the  night before could be, one may not really be happy. " I rose an eyebrow.
He grabbed the carton of milk. "What I mean to say is, sex actually means nothing. Just because you had sex with someone and it was pleasant and satisfying doesn't mean that you love them." I nodded in understanding.

"But what does that have to do with anything? I don't think I'll be able to face Paige after what I did with her friend," I traced the delicate design of the fine china. "I was so jealous when I saw her with that man. It was painful you know. "
My brother smiled sadly, "That's love for you, it's can be cruel sometimes to its worshippers. "
I squinted my eyes at him and saw a flicker of emotion that was almost non existent but it was there.
Now that I look at him, he looked drained.

"Kyle," he hummed and turned to look at me in question. "What's the matter?"

His hand shook and his demeanour changed then quickly it disappeared.
"Nothing. "
I wasn't buying that crap.

He was always like that, he always chooses to help me with my problems but doesn't let me help him unless I pester him.
"Kyle..."
He exhaled then his face crumbled as the spoon fell from his hand and what happened next was really surprising. 

He broke.

"Kyle. " now I was really seeing it. Something was not right. "I'm your brother Kyle and I'm here for you whenever you need me....I...I love you. "

He quickly pulled me into a hug, the bowl of cereal now soggy and long forgotten.
"The frustration is getting to me Bryan. Everything is so darn tiring." His voice sounded weak.
we hardly had any suspects concerning the attacks in Blossom Valley.
The little suspects we even had, all had alibis that explained where the were, who they were with and what they were doing. To top it off, this new case about a high school student that had his throat slit and was placed in his car lead no where.
There were no prints, no DNA!
I MEAN HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!
"We'll get through this Kyle. There's no need to worry. Everything will work out. " Kyle moved back and shook his head. "No it won't. "
I watched his stand going to his room and two minutes later, he came back with a sheet of paper in his hand.
"What is this?"
"Read it. " swallowing,  I reached forward to take the paper from his hand to read.
It started with the basic greetings then something about well done...blah blah blah....hada hada.....

"What?!" I turned to my brother to confirm. 
"Yep Jimmy Winnaman is going to be over seeing the case from next week. He's going to take my promotion and all I've worked hard for," he was shaking. "I gave sleepless nights to this case and to top it off stephanie broke up with me. " I blinked.

"When did all this happen?"
"At first she wouldn't reply my messages,  wouldn't pick up my calls then she would just out right ignore me till finally she called on Sunday to break things off. "
"....and the letter?" I asked placing the letter on the counter.
"It arrived yesterday when you went to over see that Franklin Hemmings case. I wanted us to discuss it but...." he trailed off.
"So what do we do? If Jimmy gets here, it won't be a pretty sight. We have nothing to present. "

"I'm just tired. I feel sick and sleepy, I haven't slept properly since the letter arrived yesterday just being thinking. "

"Let's go to bed then...am also tired and I can feel a headache coming up. "
He smiled then sniffled taking the piece of Paper and heading to the direction of his bedroom.
I have never seen him this way before...well not since after the death of our mother...
I sat on his bed and smiled at him.
"Bryan..."
"Yes Kyle?" He yawned.

"Will you sing that lullaby  mom used to sing for us anytime we had a bad dream for me?"

What is happening to you Kyle?

"Okay. " pulling the cover up for him, I ran my hand through his hair and began to sing.

"You don't have worry 'bout  no stranger
I'll be here to guide you when you're lost.
No monster nor grinch is gonna take you from me
My little dear child sleep soundly
I'll here when you wake. "

By the time I was done with singing,  he was already fast asleep.
"Still works like a charm. " I said then yawned as my body began to relax on the bed.
I crawled over to position my head at the foot of the bed then closed my eyes smiling as my body found comfort and relaxation instantly.
Then I was knocked out cold.

Sorry for the late update but I was kind of busy.
From now one I'll be updating twice on Monday, once on Wednesday and twice on Friday.
Sorry again.

Also its quite saddening that no one is commenting at all.
With no one to support me, I should put  this book on hold  but I won't.
So please vote share and comment.
Thank you.

#Chelsea