Chapter 23 : Seigaku VS St.Rudolph (3/3)

"Game and match for St

"Game and match for St. Rudolph!"

The game ended with Akazawa and Kaneda win it. Everyone gives applause for the performance the golden pair gave. Oishi wraps Kikumaru's arm on his shoulder and helps him walk outside the court.

"I'm sorry, sensei," Oishi says to Ryuzaki.

"Don't worry about it. You guys did great," Ryuzaki says with a satisfied smile. "Right, Chiharu?" Chiharu answers with a smile and gives both of them the towels. She wraps Kikumaru arm around her shoulder to help Oishi bring Kikumaru outside the court to meet the other regulars.

"My battery just ran out," Kikumaru tiredly state to the regulars, try to lift the mood.

"Good work," Tezuka appraise them.

"Sorry guys. I'll leave the rest to you," Oishi states.

"Yeah, we understand," Fuji replies.

"Chiharu," Ryuzaki calls the manager. "After this, stay outside the court. I know you can't handle the heat too. Take care Kikumaru,"

"Hai, I understand," Chiharu answers.

Both Chiharu and Oishi bring Kikumaru outside and make him rest under the tree. Chiharu sits beside Kikumaru and helps him clean his sweat with a towel.

"Chiharu-chan, I'm sorry," Kikumaru states make Chiharu look at him in surprise.

"Huh? For what?"

"Because I can't show you my cool part," Kikumaru look down.

"You're not!" Chiharu shouts and grabs Kikumaru's hand, make him lift his head. "You're cool Kikumaru-senpai! Even I can't take my eyes off from you!"

Hearing that, blush spread out on Kikumaru's faces, not expecting the response from her. Seeing Kikumaru's face become red, Chiharu becomes panic and place her hand on the forehead.

"Kikumaru-senpai, are you okay!? Don't tell me you got a fever!!!" Chiharu asks in a panic.

"N-no, I'm okay!" Kikumaru shutters and try to move back.

"Really?" Chiharu does not believe and lean her face closer to Kikumaru.

"Really, really!" Kikumaru answers back and feels his face become redder.

"I- I think it's enough, Shigeko-san. You'll kill him," Oishi says to ensure Chiharu which she follows and lean back but still tilt her head in confusion from Kikumaru's reaction.

"Kikumaru-senpai is not fair!" Momoshiro muttered in jealous and bite his handkerchief.

"I don't expect Eiji to be a tough opponent," Fuji chuckles.

"Actually, it's scarier how honest you are," Haruka muttered to Fuji with a sweatdrop.

"Hm? Did you say something, Konishi-san?" Fuji asks and Haruka shakes her head and muttered 'nothing'.