Chapter 24 : Shigeko's heir

Ray of sunlight enters from the gap of the curtain, radiating the darkroom

Ray of sunlight enters from the gap of the curtain, radiating the darkroom. Chiharu slightly opens her eyes before let out a yawn. She rubs her eyes and glances at her clock.

"It's already 11 am," Chiharu muttered and climb out from her bed and stretching her stiff body. She walks to her window and opens the curtain. "Nice weather," Chiharu states as she gazes at the view from outside the apartment.

After 5 minutes of admiring the view, Chiharu decides to refresh herself in the bathroom. After doing her business, she looks at herself in the mirror. She wears white oversize hoodies that reach to her knee and black legging. Lazy enough to tie her hair, Chiharu decides to let her hair down.

She steps out of her bedroom and goes to the kitchen to have brunch. While looking inside her fridge, her aunt, Asami step out from Chiharu's office room.

"Oh, it's rare for you to wake up this late," Asami says and raising her eyebrow.

"I finally have a day off," Chiharu answers and takes out some egg and vegetables. "Do you want to eat with me? I'm making omelet rice,"

"Sounds great," Asami answers with a smile and walks to the dining table. "I'll check your work," she adds and places stack of paper.

Chiharu just hums for the replies and does her work. She makes two simple omelet rice. After a minute, she brings the dishes to the table.

"Here," Chiharu says and places the plates in front of Asami.

"As usual it's smells good!" Asami praised and move the paper away.

"I can't guarantee the taste because I haven't cooked in a long time," Chiharu giggles and sit down. She turns on her tv before grabbing the spoon to eat.

"Nonsense. Anything you make tastes good," Asami says in delight as she takes a bite.

"I'll take it as a compliment," Chiharu chuckles and watches the tv, airing a music show. "Do I have any work?"

"Fortunately, you've finished the portion for this week. You can enjoy your day off," Asami answers with a smile and glances at the tv. "How about going out with your friends? It's a rare day off after all,"

Chiharu just hums and continues her eating. She was quite confused to find something to do for her rare day off. She might consider hanging out with some tennis members to fill her day off but they just had the match yesterday. Haruka and Mio already have a plan for today. She doesn't want to spend her day off just by laying around on the bed.

Notice her frustrated expression, Asami just chuckles making Chiharu snap out from her though.

"Don't think so hard! You can sleep all day," Asami assured her niece.

"It's felt weird to have nothing to do," Chiharu answers and picks up her finished plate to the sink. "Oh right, how Sei-nii doing? It's been a long time since the last time I met him."