Chapter 6 : Shigeko's Group President

Like always, every morning at Seigaku tennis court they have morning practice. Chiharu was standing beside Sumire, taking some note about the practice. After 30 minutes, they take a break. Chiharu puts her book on bench and gets some water for the members.

"Arigatou," says Ryoma when he got his drink.

"Douita. Here's for you, Momoshiro-senpai," says Chiharu, giving another bottle.

"Nyaaa~! We're so lucky to have Chiharu-chan here~!" Kikumaru squeals.

Chiharu just laughs at that. After she finished giving out the drinks, she goes go Sumire to give her note from practice.

"Everyone seemed to be high-spirited at morning practice," Sumire comments, looking at the tennis members.

"Well, the ranking match is coming. Ah, Captain Tezuka," calls Chiharu as Tezuka walks to them.

"Here." Tezuka gives out several pieces of paper to Chiharu.

"Is this... The ranking match?"

"Yes."

After Tezuka finishes his explanation to Chiharu, the break is over. Sumire calls all the members to tell about ranking match. Chiharu just stands back, looking at the paper. Chiharu Finding Ryoma's name, she just smiles and looks at him.

"Chiharu-chan! Let's have a lunch together~" asks Tomoka as she grabs Chiharu's hand.

"Eh? Sure," Chiharu follows Tomoka and Sakuno to the roof. They sit down together and start to eat their lunch.

"Chiharu-chan, you know, I'm joining the girl's tennis club!" says Sakuno happily.

"Really? Well, that's good," replies Chiharu.

"Ne, ne, Chiharu-chan, why don't you join the girl's tennis club? You're so good at tennis," say Tomoka. Chiharu just smiles. "Well... To be honest, I've stopped playing tennis. I just want to be a manager. And I heard that Seigaku's boy tennis club is good."

"Hee... Is that so?"

Chiharu nods with a fake smile Tomoka and Sakuno don't realize.

Tuutt... Tuutt...

"Moshi moshi? Ah, Asami-san. Doustano?" asks Chiharu when she answers Asami's, her aunt, call.

"Konnichiwa, Chiharu-chan! Well, I have to tell you something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"It's..."

"WHAAATTT!?"

Sakuno and Tomoka stop talking when hearing Chiharu shouts. They look at each other confusedly before Chiharu finishes talking and puts down the phone with a sigh..

"Doustano Chiharu-chan?" asks Sakuno.

"Eh? Um... nothing." Chiharu lies, laughing awkwardly.

"There's something, right? You can tell us," Tomoka assures.

Chiharu looks to two her friends who give a look, 'just tell us, already!'. She just sighs and finally tells them what happened.

"Until now, Echizen has been able to show off his skills. That won't happen from now on," says Horio to his friends, Katsuo and Kachiro.

"Why's that? He played par with Momoshiro-senpai," asks Katsuo.

"Momo-senpai's leg was injured. He didn't play seriously. If Seigaku regular members play for real, Echizen wouldn't stand a chance."

"But I'm still going to cheer for Ryoma-kun. All the freshmen will be counting on Ryoma-kun!" says Kachirou.