Chapter 19

Today is the day for the prefectural tournament. Many teams have gathered around the place. Some even have their own match right now. Seigaku already gathering except Ryoma.

"He's late. What is Ryoma doing?" Sumire asks as she looks at her watch.

"If we don't register with eight people by 10 am, we'll be disqualified," Fuji says.

"Tha... That'll be bad," Kawamura worried response.

"This sucks," Inui comment also.

"What about Oishi? Did he manage to contact Echizen?" Tezuka asks Kikumaru, the partner of the golden pair.

"Doesn't seem like it," Kikumaru answers then look at Chiharu. "He not with you, Chiharu-chan?"

Chiharu shakes her head. "We don't promise to come together, so I thought he going to be alright by himself. Also, I thought Ryoma will come with Momoshiro-senpai."

"We don't plan it either," Momoshiro answers and mess his hair. "If I know it going to be like this, I should have picked him up earlier."

"Huh? What's up? Pre-game meeting?" ask another voice behind Chiharu.

"Inoue-san and Shiba-san," Chiharu greet them then notice Sakuno and Tomoka come too. "Both of you come also, I see."

"Of course! I will support Ryoma-sama with all of my heart!" shout Tomoka with an energic voice.

"Mou, Tomo-chan! Don't shout!" Sakuno says to her friend with an embarrassment face.

"If you don't register soon, you'll be disqualified you know," Inoue reminds them.

"Well... Actually, Ryoma hasn't come," Chiharu says with a weak voice.

"Eh!?"

"Hmm, as expected from Ryoma-sama! To be late for the prefectural tournament! He way to funny! Ahahahaha!" Tomoka says as she is really proud of Ryoma.

"Tomo-chan, to say something like that..." Sakuno feels offended by the comment from her.

"Sigh... If Ryoma not come, we going to be disqualified, idiot," Chiharu says and pinch her temple in frustration.

"Hey!" shout another voice from behind. All of them shift their attention to the source of the voice, which is Oishi. "I contacted Echizen! Seem like he helped a pregnant woman who was in labor get to the hospital."

Hearing that, everyone just stares Oishi with a blank face.

"That's a lie right?" Momoshiro asks and gets a nod from the trio freshmen.

"100% lie," Kaidoh also adds.

"If we wait for him, we won't meet the deadline. He will get the scolding later..." Sumire says and walks to her bag and pulls out a white cap, similar to Ryoma ones. "Anyway, we have to register somehow..."

"What? You mean one of us has to be disguise?" Chiharu asks surprise.

"Yeah. Let see..." Sumire looks at the first years in front of her and lands her eyes to Chiharu.

"No way," Chiharu says notice Sumire's look.

"Come on, Chiharu-chan! You're good at tennis after all!" Kikumaru says and puts his arm around Chiharu's shoulder.

"It's has nothing to do with this!" Chiharu retorts back. "Anyway, there are three reasons I can't replace Ryoma!"

"Three?" Oishi asks.

"First, I'm a GIRL. Can't you see?" Chiharu says and emphasizes it which result them to let out an awkward laugh. "Next, I'm a manager," the others nod her reason. Chiharu then takes a breath before continue. "And last... I don't really say it from start but you guys should have noticed that I'm taller than Ryoma, right?"