Her Korea

Y/N got dressed in a yellow sweater and black leggings, pinning her hair up with hairpins to go downstairs for breakfast. Today's dish was scallion blini with kimchi, surprisingly good, if a little spicy.

    The meal was accompanied by ripe oranges given to them by CCCP as a small celebration for Russia's Christmas, which apparently started today. The orange was rich and citrusy, and made Y/N realise that- despite the food shortages- she had eaten more fruit in the last several months than in the rest of her life before that. She made a late New Year's resolution to keep that up.

     "Korea, South Hamgyong, Y/N," CCCP called out to the trio as they started to leave the breakfast table after their meal. "May I speak with you?"

     South Pyongan crossed her arms challengingly, only leaving when Korea nodded at her. She flipped off CCCP behind his back, while her republic glared daggers at her.

      Canada froze, looking at both of the girls with wide eyes. "What do I-"

     "You can come with me," Kangwon offered, gently putting a hand on the country's shoulder. "We can get started on the dishes."

     The Canadian cast another hesitant look at Y/N and SH, before nodding shakily. "O-Okay." He scratched anxiously at his arm as he followed the Korean province.

    Y/N noted with concern that his red skin was peeling away under his blunt nails. The country had been scratching his forearm all throughout breakfast, but the colour of his skin had disguised the scrapes.

       She knew withdrawal scratches when she saw them. Lots of heroin junkies had come to McDonald's with those, then returned with fresh needlemarks. Then had not returned at all.

     But she could think about that later. For now, CCCP wanted to talk.

     "Ahem." The Soviet country politely cleared his throat, staring pointedly at China.

       The other country sipped his tea loudly, before pretending to notice his comrade's gaze. "You know that I'll just listen outside the door."

      CCCP nodded. "Fine. I really only needed Canada and Krim to leave. Y/N and South Hamgyong- I have something to ask you that Korea will not like."

     "Why do I feel like most of our conversations are like this?" Korea huffed. "What is it?"

      "Ukraina is not eating," CCCP started.

      'Hm. Don't like where this is going,' Y/N thought, her look mirrored in Korea's face.

     "I would like to ask Y/N and South Hamgyong to try and convince her to eat," the Soviet continued.

         "Absolutely not," Korea immediately said. "I mean, it's up to them, but your answers should both be no."

      "The next option is to strap her down and force feed her." CCCP gazed patiently at his republic.

      "Tch." Korea pulled Y/N a little closer to him.

      Y/N had to get used to the Countryhuman's newfound touchiness. When they were sitting together, he would casually sling his arm around her shoulders, or lean his head into hers. Occasionally he would jolt like he had gotten static shock, and hastily pull away. It didn't bother her, it was just... different compared to North's dislike of PDA.

     "Fine," the Korean eventually huffed. "If you both want to, you can do it. But only if you both go."

     "I'll go," SH immediately said. Y/N knew that even though Korea had said that it was their choice, the province wouldn't have agreed to visit the Ukrainian without her republic's approval.