Chapter 1

It was a beautiful summer day in London but the weather was more pleasant somewhere else- the Potter's house. Five potters were all huddled around a birthday cake which read 'Happy Birthday Al'. Albus Severus Potter, a boy with jet black untidy hair and bright green eyes, just like his dad was gazing fondly at the gifts from his family and his uncles. He was looking forward to opening the gifts but the best gift was yet to arrive. "What if it doesn't come?" he asked his father, Harry Potter. His father was one of the most famous wizards in the world but for him he was only his father.

"Of course it will come, Albus. Now please cut the cake or James might do it for you." he replied. "I won't until it doesn't come" he stubbornly replied. "Ohh Al! Cut it already." said Lily, his younger sister. She had her mother's red hair and bright brown coloured eyes.

Lily, you have to learn to wait." he replied sternly.

"It is arriving!" said James, his elder brother who was a student at Hogwarts. He had an average height, had blackish brown hair with a little red and his eyes were hazel. An owl came and sat on the window sill. Ginny went and brought the letter. She handed it to Albus who was eyeing it like it was his favourite candy at a store. He opened it hastily. It read:

No. 15 Buckingham place, London

Albus Severus Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. Please find a list enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

The session starts on the 1st of September. We await your owl by no less than 31st July.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall.

Headmaster.

He did a little whoop but it seemed as if James was happier than him. "It's so good to see that you are so happy for your brother." Said Ginny.

"Whose happy for Al? I am happy because I finally get to eat the cake." James replied.

"James Sirius Potter, your brother just got the best present of his life and all you care about is cake" Said Harry, amused.

"Who cares? It was bound to happen" He shrugged.

Albus stuck out his tongue at him and started cutting the cake. Little did he know that this gift would change his life.

Sorry, this chapter is pretty small. I promise that the length of the chapters will become longer as the story starts to build up.