Chapter 10

Not Edited....

Sage's Point of View

It's been two days since I've left home. It's been two days since I've hit Alexander. It's been two days since I found my best friend and it's been two days since I've stayed in this apartment with him.  I was finally happy and I knew deep down inside my heart that I would never leave this place.

Mark's apartment was located on the other side of the town that was near the stateline. It wasn't a nice neighborhood, but it was still nice. His apartment consited ofa living room, a kitchen,  two bedroom, one bathroom, and the back patio that allows you walk out and see the city lights. It wasn't as big as I thought it should be, but it was still consider a good size for him. 

The night we arrived to his hom he showed me around his place, showing me all the things he had. After worth he made me something to eat and we took a seat and ate our food. While eating, Mark told me all about the things he had done while being out of the adoption center. He has a job as a busboy and works at the dinner that's up the street from here. He has no car, but is saving up to buy one. He doesn't have much, but is perfectly fine with what he has. 

"How about you Sage.? How have you been since the last time we saw each other?" He asked, once he was done putting our plates into the sink.

I sat in the seat for a good minute or so, debating if I should tell him the truth or not. It was when I heard the sound of the chair being pulled out that I looked up and saw him giving me a worried look.

"You ohkay?" He asked, reaching over taking my hands in his hands. 

I nodded, sqeezing his hands. "Yea, it's just things haven't been going that well", I answered, my voice barely above a whisper. 

"Why?" 

I sighed, pulling my hands away and standing up from my seat. "Can we talk about this later? I don't feel like talking about it today." I asked him hoping he'll say yes.

"Yea, sure. Come on lets watch a movie", he offered.

"Kay." 

That night we watched movies and hanged out in the living room. When it was time to go to bed he walked me to the guest bed room and showed me where everything was then left me to sleep. That night I can offically say I had the best night of sleep ever. I forgot all my problems and worries.

But things don't always last.

It's been a week since I've been here and things were already getting weird. Mark has be acting wierd around me and it's starting to freak me out. Maybe he finally figured out that I wasn't worth having around that he grew tried and was only waiting for the right moment to kick me out and back on the streets. Oh God, he's going to kick me out. He's going to come home and throw me out.

"Sage.!" I heard Mark shout from the living room.

Tears sprunged to eyes as I heard him say my name again. I gathered all the courage I could before walking out to see Mark, standing in the middle of the living room with some girl. She looked to be around the age of 19 with the prettiest blonde hair I've ever seen. Her sea form green eyes boring into my own eyes as she stood tall and proud by Mark, who now had his arm wrapped around her waist.I moved my eyes away from his arm and up to his eyes, where his dark brown eyes looked into my own, happiness clearly written in them.

"Mark", I started but didn't get a chance to finish because he had put his hand out to stop me.

"Wait, before you start I want to explain something to you first", he said. I nodded and waited from him to go on. "I know I've been acting weird for a while now but I can promise you that it had nothing to do with you. I was just freaking out on how to tell you about my girlfriend." He finished.