Chapter 17

ps. Not edited..

Sage's Point of View.

Voices were everywhere. Angry voices were shouting at each other, saying words I couldn't really understand. I tried to open my eyes fully, but they felt heavy. I could barely see 4 figures standing by each other. 2 out of the four were face to face but before I could see who it was the darkness took me under once more.

"Sage. Sage. Sage." I heard someone say, the voice deep yet soft. 

I stirred in my sleep, my eyes opening to the bright light in the living room. I looked up confused and alerted, wondering what was happening. I swung my legs over the couch and sat up, different colored pair of eyes looking at me. I felt uncomfortable so I grabbed the zerba printed blanket and wrapped it around myself. 

"W..what's going on? I didn't mean to do anything, I swear. Please don't hurt me, I'm sorry", I pleaded, pulling the blanket further up to my chest. Tears brimmed the corner of my eyeslids as I stared at floor, hoping that nothing would happen to me. 

"Sage? Baby, it's me", a familair voice said. 

I looked up to see Mark making his way to me, a worried look on his face when he finally reached me. I was confused yet happy. I haven't seen Mark since the day his girlfriend kicked me out of the house. Speaking of his girlfriend, I turned around with wide eyes to see if she was here. Instead I find my dads and Alexander looking at me with worried expressions. I could feel my body starting to sweat from the aniexty that was buliding up inside me. I turned around to look back at Mark, my voice soft and almost quiet when I spoke. 

"Sky..Skyler. Where is she? Sh..She's going to hurt me if she sees me with you", I said, looking at with frighten eyes. Tears started to well up in the corners, my body beginning to shake. I don't want to get hurt, I don't want to get hurt  I chanted in my head. I shut my eyes tightly then brought my hands to cover my ears, hoping in my head that everything and everyone will go away.

"Sage!"

"Sage!"

"Look at what you're doing to her, you little shit!" I heard Alexander yelled. I opened my eyes and let out a gasp when I saw Alexander throw his clutched fist into the side of Mark's face. I dropped my hands to my lap before scurriding to get up from the couch, dropping the blankets onto the floor. 

"Alexander!" Jesse yelled, shock written all over his face as he starred at Alexander.

After that punch everything went by fast, Mark had stood up after wiping the blood off the corner of his lips. He looked anger, very angry. I have never seen this side of Mark and honestly it reminded of my mom when she would get anger at me. It reminded me how I would curl up into a bad in the corner of the room and plead for her to not come any closer. It was something I didn't want to see ever in my life.

I lifted my eyes to watch as Mark flew across the room and punch Alexander in the face. Everything after that got ugly, Alexander and Mark were on the floor throwing punches after punches. My dad and Jesse were trying to break them away from each other but the harder they tried the harder Alexander and Mark tried to pull away from their grips.  It felt like hours when I finally had the courage to stand up and walk away, leaving the boys to their own thing. I didn't want to be around them if they were going to fight and argue. I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts ... and my razor. 

It's been a few months since I last cut myself but ever since Alexander and all his hatrd towards me and that party, I feel like I need to do this to myself. I walked like a ghost upstairs, the sound of my feet leaving no echo. I made it in the bedroom that Alexander and I shared. Shutting the door behind me, I made sure to lock it before going to my bed. Everything in the room looked the same, nothing has changed and I wasn't sure if I was happy or depressed about it. I know that's a weird feeling to have, but what I can I feel when all this time I thought they had forgotten about me and left me to be on my own. I didn't want to be found but yet I got found when I least expected it.