Chapter 21

not edited...

Alexander's Point of View

"She left? What do you mean she left", I asked, looking towards my dad. "How in the hell does a person just leave the hospital without being noticed?"

"We don't know. We were talking to the doctor about her visiting a psychologist and when we turned around she was gone. Obviously she's good at sneaking away. Those weeks she was gone is enough prove of that," Ryan answered, a deep and frustrated sigh escaping his lips as he slumped down on the couch.

We had just arrived back home a few minutes ago after hearing Jesse and Ryan going at it in the car. At first Mark and I were confused as too why they were fighting, but then Mark had asked about Sage and why she wasn't in the car. In the moment, both my fathers decided to shut up and mumble that they would tell us the story once we got home. Now here we are sitting in the living room talking about Sage once again leaving.

"And why exactly aren't we out there looking for her?" Mark spoke up causing all of our heads to turn his direction.

"It's Sage, Mark. We all know how good she is in hiding if she doesn't want to be found. I have faith that she'll come home soon. Besides it's ... "

The sound of the door opening then slamming shut caught our attention. Looking at each other with confused faces we then realized who it might be and hurried off the couch and into the other room.

"Sage!" Ryan yelled when he noticed Sage wiping her shoes against the mat, leaving a trail of mad behind as she ignored his call and walked up the stairs into what I'm assuming was our bedroom.

Sighing softly, I turned to look at them. "Just let her be for now. She probably just wants to be left alone. I mean ... Wouldn't you after hearing your parents talk about seeing a psychologist?"

I knew I shouldn't have added that last part in, the look on Jesse and Ryan's face were enough prove of that. Breathing out a deep breath, I chose to walk back into the living room to take a seat on the couch. Grabbing one of the black pillows from the couch I brought it up to my chest, my head buried into the material for a second before I lifted my head to look at my fathers and Mark enter the living room. It was a quiet for a split second, the sound of a loud strike of thunder echoing off the grey skies from outside.

"When are you planning on changing Jesse's office upstairs into a room for Sage?" I asked, the question suddenly coming in my mind.

Ryan looked at me, his eyebrow raised. "Why do you ask? Is she bothering you in your room or something?" He asked, no, more like pushed my way.

Rolling my eyes, I threw the pillow to the side before I answered him, "No. It's just I feel like Sage might be more comfortable being on her own. I don't know.. She seems to like being on own and I know she doesn't really like me all that much. So.." I gave a shrugged of my shoulders before continuing, "I just thought she'll like her own room."

"Why in the hell would we give her her own room, Alexander? Did you not witness what happened to her when she was upstairs alone?" Jesse said, his blue eyes shooting straight towards me. "I think it's safe to say that Sage cannot be trusted on her own. It's best if we just keep her in your room where both your father and I know she'll be looked after by you."

"But.."

"No buts, Alex. She's going to stay in your room and that's final", Ryan said, interrupting me.

Giving a slight nod I then stood up. "Fine, whatever."

I gave my father once last look before I walked out of the living room. Grabbing my coat from the coat hanger, I slipped it on then made my way outside to the back porch after checking my pockets if my cigarettes and lighter were there.