Chapter 11

Not Edited .... c:

Flashback

"Mama can I get this?" I asked, holding up a coloring book along with some crayons. I looked over to see my mother not listening to me instead she was looking over at the makeup counter. Her face was wrinkled and her lips were turned into upfrown. Her dark red hair was messy and tangled as she keep her eyes focused on the makeup, probably trying to decided what more she needed to make her self more presentable. Ever since daddy left her she's been adding pounds and pounds of makeup, believing that it will make her prettier. In reality, it just mad her look worse. 

"Yes Mama, can I get this?" I asked once again, finally getting her attention. 

She gave me a cold stare as I held up the items I wanted, giving her a hopeful look. "No. You don't deserve shit, so go put it back.", she said, looking back to the makeup counter.

"Bu.." I started.

"I said no Sage.! Now shut up and go put that shit back where you found it before I fucking do something you won't like," she shouted at me, her blue eyes looking deep into my eyes. 

Terrified, I dropped my head in submisson as I walked back to the kids area to leave the items. Dropping off the items I turned to left when I heard someone laughing. I turned around to see a kid about my age grinning from ear to ear as he help up a board game that his parents were buying him. I smiled, looking around the kids area to see a lot of parents buying things for their kids. Sadden, I left the area and went back to find my mama.

I found her standing in the register lane getting ready to pay her things. I went over to stand by her when I noticed my favorite goldfish snacks. Excited, I grabbed a packet and ran to my mother.

"Mama! Mama! How about these? Can I get these?" I asked excitedly.

She frowned, yanking out the snacks from my hands and putting it aside. She grabbed my arm, griping it tightly as she pulled aside to talk to me. "What the hell did I say Sage? She don't deserve shit. You don't deserve anything at all. You're an ungrateful brat that never should have be born. Now just wait til we get home, you're going to get it for not listening," she whispered in my ear, her voice not lacking anything but hatred, angry, and vemom behind every word.

I gulped, holding in my tears as she pushed me aside to go pay for her things. "We gotta go pick up Ricky after this. I better not see you all around him or you'll get worse beatings then ever", she threatened as she put the bags in the cart.

"No, Mama please not Ricky," I cried, running over to her. "Please, I'll be good but please don't bring Ricky over to the house", I begged, throwing myself at her as I cried into her shirt. "Please Mama."

"Ugh, get the fuck off me you damn disease." She pushed me aside causing me to slip and fall on my knees. "Don't say a word until we get home," she said, walking out of the store and towards her car.

I looked down at the ground and let the tears fall. Ricky was coming over today. That means another night of pure torture and harassment, and also another night of long beatings. 

I wiped away my tears, got up and ran outside to my mom. I got inside the car and keep quiet all the way until we reached Ricky's house. Mama honked the horn and not even seconds later Ricky came out carrying two bags filled of what I assumed was alcohol. I tried my best to keep my glance anywhere but towards Ricky but in the end failed when I heard the back door open. 

"Hey there Sage", Ricky smirked, setting down his bags. "Take care of these for me and I'll take care of you tonight alright, baby doll?" He whispered in my ear, his hand trailing up my leg and up my bare thigh. I finched, moving away to the other side of the car. He laughed as he closed the door and went around to the front to sit in the passenger seat.