Prologue

Prologue

“Courtney!” My mom screamed at me. By the sound of her voice, she’s probably inside my room. “Courtney, get up!”

I groaned and just grabbed another pillow beside me, placing it over my head. I have been up till two in the morning at Shelby’s party and I really need more sleep right now.

“Courtney Ace Richards!” My mom yelled, making my eyes wide. Now that she called me using my full name, I’m pretty sure that she is pissed off. “Explain to me all these!”

I slowly pushed myself up into a seating position before looking at her. My eyes adjusted from the brightness of my room. My face turned pale as I saw what my mom was holding. It was my test papers in physics with huge “F” written in red marks.

“Explain these!” She demanded as she threw my failing papers towards my bed. Seriously, does she really have to throw them?

I sighed and rolled my eyes. “You see, mom. I got an F so I can’t really explain what shit is going on with physics.”

“You’re already on your last year in high school. If you fail this, you have to repeat the subject again.” She told me as she sat at the edge of my double sized bed. “You should know that.”

“I know that, mom.” I sighed. I shouldn’t have left my papers on my study table. I should have shredded them back in school.

“Then you have to pass this subject. I’ll ask Diana’s son to teach you.” She said as if it was already final. If I didn’t know her, I would be scared.

“Mom, I don’t need a nerd to teach me physics.” I told her, pulling off a pleading look to get her sympathy. “I don’t even know who Diana is. What if her son sucks physics? I’d have to repeat Physics for sure.”

“Diana Collins. My friend from college, remember?” She said, tilting her head as if telling me that would ring a bell.

“How about…no?”I told her, smiling awkwardly. “Come on, mom. I don’t have to go to Diana Collins’ house everyday or I don’t know…just to learn physics. I can…talk to my instructors, maybe?”

“and what would you tell them? Ask them to pass you? That’s not how these things should work.” She told me softly. “I’ll be calling Diana and ask if her son could teach you physics.”

“Mom, you don’t have to.” I told her, pleadingly. “Would you be fine with me going to their house? What if that guy would…take advantage of me or something?”

“I’ve met Drake, Court. I don’t think he would do that. My decision is final. Drake will teach you and you won’t be allowed to go to parties from now on.”

“What?!” I gasped. “Mom, that is so unfair!”

“What’s unfair? We are allowing you to go to those parties believing that you don’t have problems with school and yet you failed all your exams in physics.”

“That’s not true. I got a D plus in one of them.” I retorted just to prove her wrong. At least I didn’t fail all, right?

She groaned and she was obviously trying to control herself from strangling her own daughter. She then stood up and walked towards my door. Before leaving, she turned towards me and said, “It’s final. You are not allowed to party and Drake will teach you.”

------

Do not forget to vote and comment!  ;)

This story is a Young, Wild and Married spin off but can be read as a stand alone :)

credits:

Trailer and movie poster by Lorraine

Cover by yours truly, me.