20 - Blonde

Nick had replaced his crutches with a wooden cane. He could have easily gotten away with the old man look. It didn't look that bad though, he was able to move about more freely now. Instead of swinging on crutches he would walk really slowly, supported by the cane. But at least he was walking.

"I miss driving" he tells me. It was Saturday and I had picked him up from his house. We were getting ready for the party. The memorial for Jane was held on Monday. It was just as depressing as Bonnie's, maybe even more depressing.

Nick was watching me brush my hair, he sat on my bed resting his chin on the cane.

"I know, you'll be driving soon"

"I need a new car first" he chuckled slight. I knew he missed his old car he spent ages saving up for.

I walk into the bathroom and slide into the party dress. I look at myself in the mirror. Rachel was right. It did look nice. I felt proud of myself, I actually felt pretty. I attempted to do up the zip on the back but it was harder than I first thought.

"Can you help?" I say as I walk into the bedroom to see Nick. His head shoots up and a large smile spreads across his face.

"You look amazing" he compliments as he stands up, this time leaving the cane on the side. He could shuffle a few steps without a problem. He came over to me and put his hands on my waist spinning me around.

"Can you do up the zip?" I ask. He brushes my hair over my shoulder and zips up the back of the dress.

"Perfect" He smiles, turning me back around so I could face him. He holds onto my elbows and looks me in the eye.

He was wearing his usual party attire. This time it was a red, white and black checked shirt that rolled down to his elbows. He also wore beige jeans and converse. Then of course his infamous hat sat upon his scruffy hair.

"You're not looking too bad yourself" I laugh as I grip onto the fabric of his shirt. His leg finally gives up and he leans on me for support as I hold him.

"Let's go to this party, my liver hasn't hated me for a long time" he chuckles to himself. He was right, we hadn't gotten drunk at a party for a long time. The last time we really did get drunk at a party was the same night I made out with Luke the first time and that jock tried to grab my ass. Who then knocked the shit out of Nick. Now I realise he defended me because he love me all that time.

We get a cab to Rachel's, against my dads wishes. He didn't like us getting cabs for some reason. I told my dad I might not come home tonight. I mean I could spend the night at Nick's or I could spend it passed out on Rachel's bathroom floor. But whatever happened I just planned on getting wasted with my friends.

As soon as we get in the door Rachel greets us, she was pretty excited. I looked across the room and saw Luke messing around with the drinks. There was music blaring and we were practically the first people there. After an hour of mingling and sipping on a bottle of alcohol people finally started to flood in. The place was crowded by 9pm.

I had already lost Nick. He was somewhere around here hobbling on that cane.

"Take the shot!" Someone screams and passes me a shot. I throw it down my throat, I mean I may as well. I finally felt a little tipsy and I found myself dancing like a fool.

"Where's Nick?" Rachel shouts at me over the commotion and music. I just continued to dance terribly.

"I don't know, great party" I shout back. I was having fun, it had been a long time since I was able to feel like this. I doubt Rachel was drinking with the baby, she was probably the only sober person here.

I shake my hips to the beat of the music and chug some more alcohol. I could easily feel like this all the time and not care. I felt free, as if nobody was watching me. But my freedom was interrupted.

"Clementine. Right?" A voice asks slowly sliding his hand on my hip, I turn around to see a blonde familiar face. It was Blake.

"Are you Blake or Aaron?" I question. A little dazed and confused.

"I'm Blake, do you want me to fetch you another drink, you're looking a little empty?" He asks me gesturing towards the drink in my hand that to be fair was actually nearly empty.

"I guess" I sigh. He wanders off only to come back with a colourful alcoholic beverage I could sip for the next hour.

"So where are you studying?" Blake asks me as he trails around me to the rhythm of the music.

"Few high, its pretty shit" I tell him.

"I go to a school not too far from here, leaving soon though." He explains. Blake did look older than me and Nick. His face was a lot more mature than people like Luke's. His jaw line was a perfect shape and his hair was fluffy and neatly patted down. He was the sort of guy you would see as a lead singer of a boy band.

"I need to find Nick" I sigh. I hadn't seen him for a little while.

"Who's Nick?"

I ignore his comment as the next thing I know the back door was being pushed open.

"There's a pool!" Someone shouts. Some more people cheer as people slowly disperse through the back door towards the pool.

Blake just looks at me.

"You coming for a swim?" He asks me as if he wasn't joking.

"No" I shake my head and laugh.

"Com'on" he gets behind my back and begins to push me towards the door. My drunk self starts to giggle. We finally get outside.

"I'm not going in" I say stubbornly. He just smirks at me.

"You are" he chuckles and he starts pushing me once again. I was now very close to the pool. I turn to face him, grasping onto his arms. He looks at me as if I've known him for years.

"Don't do it" I laugh but before I could say anything else on the subject my right foot slipped into the pool and I fell backwards. Splashing into the water I went underneath slowly emerging and gasping for air as I laughed.

"Told you" Blake grins at the side of the pool.

"You asshole" I choke with a large smile on my face. How was I meant to get home with these wet clothes?