3 - Compact Disc

“I won’t forget your kiss last night” my dad chuckles to himself as I make myself breakfast.

“What about it?”

“You’re grounded for three weeks”

“But dad tha-” before I could tell him how unfair he was being he turned to me and burst out laughing.

“Just kidding, Nick’s a good guy. I don’t mind, as long as I don’t get grandchildren” he smirks taking his head away from the newspaper he was engrossed in.

The thought of getting pregnant haunted me. There was no way in hell that I was going to turn out like Rachel. Speaking of Rachel I hadn’t seen her about at school very much, I had seen Luke. He didn't seem to care about whatever I was doing and his and Rachel's relationship looked...different now. Maybe it was the thought of a baby? I wasn’t sure if she followed through with the abortion. I had a funny feeling that she would.

Today I had promised Nick that I would go and get a new CD with him from the mall since Omid and Christa didn’t have it in stock at their shop. I didn’t mind going out with Nick, infact I loved spending time with him. It was quite entertaining as he treated me like a princess in public. It was scary how different he was to Luke, even though they had been friends for a hell of a long time.

In February Luke and Nick decided to make up and they were at common grounds with each other. I think they play Playstation together now which is good on Nicks part. It was nice to see that he got his friend back. Me on the other hand practically refused to speak to Luke, I was still sickened as to what he did but maybe one day things could be different.

Nick comes and picks me up due to the fact my license still hadn’t decided to process. I get into the car and he gives me a quick ‘hello kiss’, it was something we always did and I loved it.

“So I was thinking, once I get this CD, I can play it on the way home?” he points towards the CD player in his car.

“I didn’t think it worked”

“Pete fixed it for me the other day, I don’t know how he did it but he managed.” Nick explains.

I study the CD player, it looked the same to me. But the question was, will it play CD’s like Nick claims? We would just have to find out later. When we get to the parking lot I grab my handbag and take Nick’s hand as we walk out of the building to enter the mall.

“Have you reconsidered the Nerf gun idea?” Nick smirks as we pass Toys R Us.

“When we’re married with 6 kids, I’ll consider it then.”

“6 kids? I don’t think I can handle that much.” Nick chuckles as we walk through the mall.

We finally stop off at looked to be Nick’s heaven. A collection of video game and TV merchandise, DVD’s, video games and CD’s. I had to admit, I loved the shop as well. It was a bit like a larger version of Omid and Christa’s shop. We both scanned the shop for the next couple of minutes. I ended up picking two DVD’s off of the shelf to buy. I went and paid for them and waited for Nick by the outside of the store.

He came out of the shop with a little bag.

“Get everything you wanted?” I asked him as he opened up his bag to show what he had gotten from the shop.

“I got that CD I wanted, a few old classics, the newest Call Of Duty and this breaking bad t-shirt” he shows me excitedly.

His loot was cool, I loved it when he gets excited over the small material things. It really puts a smile on my face.

"Since you got to go into your shop, I think I deserve to drag you around a clothes shop" I state laughing at his face as his smile turns to a frown.

"Go on then, just because I like you being happy" Nick grins as I pass him my shopping bag. I jump up excitedly and grab his hand dragging him towards the nearest clothing store. I can hear him groaning as I flick through the t-shirts I could buy.

I didn't notice but after a while Nick had wondered off. Shit I'd lost him. I looked around the store and found him actually looking at men's clothes.

"I see you've gotten into the spirit of shopping" I sneak up behind him and kiss him on the cheek. His stubble poked into my lips.

"Just looking" he admits. I decided to look with him. I find a red and white shirt.

"This would look nice" I tell him holding it up to his body.

"I don't know, its not really me"

"What are you? A girl? Men just buy, they don't think." I giggle at him checking out the shirt.

"That's not fair, I think about shopping. I need to know if I want to buy it or not" he argues.

"Well, in my opinion. It looks really nice." I grin, it was true the white and red checked shirt suited him well, especially if he wore a T-shirt underneath and left the buttons undone.

"Fine, I'll get the damn shirt." He sighs with a smile.

We get back to the car, I pile my bags into the backseat. Nick jumps in the front and starts the car.

"What should we have first?" Nick asks himself as he digs around the bottom of the bag for a CD to play on the way home.

"Anything that isn't annoying British boybands" I smirk.

"Well...I don't have any annoying British boy bands but what I do have is a British band." He pulls out the CD case for 'What's the story? Morning glory' by Oasis. My eyes light up.

"We have to play wonderwall! Quick!" I shout with excitement.

"Alright calm down, I need to get out of this parking lot though before I get charged even more." He hands me the CD to do the honours.

The car pulls out of the parking lot and I slot the disc into the CD player and wait patiently.

Today is going to be the day that they're going to throw it back to you.

"By now, you should've somehow realised what you got to do." Me and Nick both sing in unison along to the music.

We were totally rocking out and it felt great as we laughed as the traffic light turned red. Dancing around in the front seats.

"Back beat the word is in the street that the fire in your heart is out!" We both shout again, the people stopped next to us in the traffic lights must've thought we were nuts. We were practically raving together.

The red light turns to green. Nick pulls out to turn and I glance at him once again. A speeding truck could be seen in the window by him.

"NICK!" I scream at the top of my lungs. He turns his head but before he can move the truck comes crashing into us.

Everything began to spin and we jerked forward being harshly cushioned by the air bags.

******

Enjoying the story? Thanks for the support