32

Chapter Thirty-Two:

( P R O M I S E S )

Harry felt guilt creeping up to him at the sight of the bloody bodies of Artemis Rosier and George Weasley as he helped carry them inside the Burrow. Two more innocent people hurt because of me. He thought to himself as he saw the distraught face of Mrs Weasley.

They quickly laid the duo down on the couch as Mrs Weasley rushed to bring first aid. George's entire face was covered in blood beyond belief, all rushing out from one of his ears, or what was left of it anyway, which really, wasn't a lot considering there was a gaping hole where his ear was supposed to be.

The pristinely white crisp shirt that Harry had seen Artemis donning before the mission had been stained red, the only confirmation that it had been white, were the few blotches of white that hadn't been touched by her blood yet, which again, weren't a lot.

"It's all my fault." Harry whispered falling down onto the recliner. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see the strained yet reassuring smile of Ginny Weasley.

"It isn't, Harry. It's the death-eater's fault not yours. Stop beating yourself up about it." Ginny said with a glint of determination in her eyes. Harry opened his mouth to say something when they saw a blue light appear outside just a few metres inside the boundary.

"Is anyone back?" Mrs Weasley said holding the first aid kit in her hand as Harry and Ginny ran outside to see Remus and Hermione appear, both thankfully unharmed.

Remus grabbed Harry's collar as soon as he entered the living space pointing his wand at him.

"What'd ya think yer doin'?" Hagrid asked angrily.

"What creature sat in my office the first time Harry Potter visited my office?" Remus asked, disregarding Hagrid's words proceeding to hold Harry hostage.

"I don't know, A grindylow?" Harry muttered confused at Remus' behaviour. Remus released his hold on Harry putting his wand away.

"We were betrayed. Someone let out the word that you were being moved tonight and it had to be one of the people directly involved. I had to make sure you weren't an imposter." Remus explained.

"Then how come ye aren't checkin' me?" Hagrid asked.

"You're a half-giant. Poly juice potion is only meant for human use." Remus said masagging his forehead. All of them heard a groan.

"Are they going to be okay?" Remus asked moving past Harry, directing his question at Molly Weasley and Hermione who were tending to George and Artemis.

"We are." They heard both of the injured folk mutter making everyone heave a sigh of relief.

"Speak for yourself." Both said at the same time again earning a teary laugh from Mrs Weasley.

"What happened?" Asked Harry finally making his way over to the couch to see that the blood had been cleaned and where George's ear ought to be, stood a gaping hole. Artemis' shoulder was lined with burns along with gashes across her abdomen.

"Snape got him with Sectumsempra." Artemis muttered out, her eyes half-closed. "I'd like to say I repaid the favor but I was preoccupied with keeping him from falling off." Everyone nodded when they heard another crack of apparition outside as Remus rushed out.

"What happened ter you?" Hagrid asked Artemis but before she could answer, she heard Mr Weasley's booming voice.

"I'll prove who I am after I've seen my son! Now move away if you know what's good for you Remus!" Shouted Mr Weasley as they saw a rather tired looking Arthur Weasley rush in followed by Fred Weasley who looked as if he'd seen a ghost.