09

(Edited)

Chapter Nine:

(V O I C E S   I N S I D E)

Artemis was headed to her last class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody. She did not quite like the professor and found him to be...uneasy. Atleast he's better than Lockhart and Quirell. She tried to tell herself but there was just something off about him, Artemis had a gut feeling about it and her gut had yet to fail her. She was immersed into her thoughts as she bumbed headfirst into someone.

"I'm sorry-" She began to say.

"I'm terribly sorry- Oh hey Artemis!" She looked up to be met with the smiling face of Cedric Diggory.

"Hello Cedric. How have you been? I haven't seen you since the world cup." She said.

"I've been good actually. I tried looking for you during the whole death eater fiasco but dad told me you were safe with the Weasleys."

"Yeah I was with them." She smiled as they walked into the classroom.

"Mind if I sit with you?"

"Go ahead." She said as he slid into the seat beside her. Slytherin shared DADA with Hufflepuff. She faintly saw Lilanns's eyes widen when she saw her best friend walk in with Cedric and she tapped Amelia who was sat beside her and pointed at the duo. Artemis waved and smiled at them as Lilanna frantically looked between her and Cedric making Amelia slap the back of her head that made her glare at Amelia. Lilanna turned to me and mouthed "We'll talk later". I shook my head at her turning back to Cedric.

"You're going to enter into that blasted tournament, are you not?" Artemis asked with a sigh as he nodded smiling sheepishly.

"People have died in that you know?" She said creasing her brows.

"I might break the tradition." He said smirking. The black haired witch went to argue as he cut her off.

"Please just support me? I know the risks but I'm not afraid of it, truly. Maybe a little. But I really want to do this and I want you to support me as a friend." He said sincerely.

"Okay. I don't agree with it. But okay." The Slytherin mumbled out.

All conversation ceased as Professor Moody walked in and began with "How many of you have heard of the Imperius Curse?" A Hufflepuff girl raised her hand. "It is one of the unforgivable curses, sir. It makes you do what the person who cast it wants you to."

"Exactly! Can land the person who cast it a lifetime in Azkaban. But it can be resisted! And today we'll be doing just that!" He exclaimed. "You!" He pointed at Artemis. "Me?" She asked. "Yes you! Come forward!" He said as she made her way to the front of the class.

"Imperio!" Artemis vaguely heard the class erupt in gasps as she was engulfed with a strange feeling that felt warm? And she just wanted to let go and feel the bliss and warmth. She could feel herself get lightheaded.

"No! You shall not succumb to to this." She heard a voice.

What? She thought to herself.