33

Chapter Thirty-Three:

( W O U L D N ' T    Y O U ? )

In the mirror there stood a woman, her dark hair pulled back into a half-updo with intricate braids going back and a few tendrils left astray, her green eyes shining brighter than usual, lined with black, a natural blush to her cheeks and her lips tinted pink.

Snow white fabric draped across her shoulders in a Queen Anne neckline, intricately detailed lace flowing down the length of her arms and the bodice which clung tightly to her waist, and  further down it cascaded into an A-line skirt made of tulle.

"Artem– Oh!" Mrs Weasley stopped midway as her hands flew to her mouth. Artemis turned around from the mirror as she sheepishly smiled at the matriarch of the Weasley family.

"You look so beautiful, honey." Mrs Weasley said teary-eyed reaching to hug the dark-haired witch.

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley." Artemis gingerly worded out.

"Oh dear! Drop the formalities already, you're about to become a part of our family! Call me mum." Mrs Weasley smiled making the green eyed witch tear up. It had been more than a decade since she'd called anyone mum.

"Mum! Don't tell me you're going on about the Pumpkin pie again to Artemis, we've already told you it's fine— Wait is she crying? Oh no no your makeup took hours to do, no no." Ginny came rushing in trying to fan Artemis' face to stop the tears at which the dark haired witch laughed heartily.

"Artemis! Are you done already? Lils hasn't stopped stabbing my face with her brushes and— I swear to Merlin if you poke my eyes with that wand again—" Amelia Scott said glaring at Lilanna Yvoniss who held a Mascara tube in her hand and it's wand in the other.

"Mum?" Came another voice knocking on the door. "Are the girls done? All the guests are in, everything's ready to go." Ron Weasley said.

"Yes dear, Everyone will be out in a minute!" Mrs Weasley called out. "Girls! Hurry up, will you?" She told Lilanna who was still fussing with Amy's face. "Is everyone else ready?" She said looking around giving a once over to Ginny and Hermione who were both dressed up. Her gaze finally rested on Artemis.

"Oh! Your veil!" Mrs Weasley said noticing the missing veil on the dark haired witch's head. "Let me put it on for you." She said reaching for the veil and hairclip on the table. Artemis turned around as Mrs Weasley secured the veil onto her head with an opal adorned hairclip, something her fiancé had bought her.

"Thank you, Mum." Artemis said shyly to which Mrs Weasley smiled.

The ladies all headed outside where at the entrance of The Burrow stood Cedric Diggory, someone Artemis considered a brother. The bridesmaids Ginny, Hermione, Amy and Lilanna walked ahead in similar emerald dresses as Cedric reached out his arm that Artemis took gingerly.

"Ready to get married?" He asked.

"Dying." The witch said rolling her eyes as she laughed. Technically, she was dying, in a few years atleast. "He's still there at the altar, isn't he?" She asked after they'd taken a few steps as a joke but Cedric could see the slight insecurity in her words.

"There's no place he'd rather be." He said flashing one of his brilliant smiles. Artemis smiled back at his words. With the amount Artemis had been smiling the past few weeks, she reckoned she'd soon become a Hufflepuff.