Chapter 14

\Alice slowly opened her eyes, she rubbed them as she wakes up and realized they still felt heavy from the crying she did since morning. As her vision slowly steadies, she realized that the sun was almost down. She first stretched her arms a bit and slowly got up and started walking back to her car before the sun has fully set.

As Alice drove, the sun has finally set, leaving the sky with the stars and the moon and the road to be illuminated by the street lights. While driving, Alice found herself suddenly sneezing, realizing that she might have gotten a cold because of her nap earlier.

When Alice finally crossed the bridge back to the city, she gazed at the clock of her car and saw that it was almost seven in the evening, having realized that she hasn’t eaten anything since morning; she then parked her car at a parking lot of a diner and went inside.

While eating inside the diner, Alice felt like not going home for the night, because she knows it’s either she will hear Stella knock on her door or she will see her there first thing in the morning. She thought of going to her parent’s house or to Kate’s but she realized that she doesn’t want to disturb them just for the sole reason that she was having relationship problems and she was never a person to bother anybody else with her personal problems, which Kate often got mad at.

After eating, Alice decided to go to a nearby hotel to stay for the night, after parking her car, she went to the front desk of the hotel to check in. After getting inside her room, she quickly closed the door and slumped on the bed face down.

She then removed her shoes with her feet while hugging the pillow, her face buried on it and she slowly drifted to sleep with the bedside lamp still on. She wanted to end that day that wasn’t so pretty, but it’s not only that day, she also want the coming days to end. She can’t see herself being able to go through everything.

Morning finally came and Alice didn’t got up ‘til noon. When she was finally awake, she was still hugging the pillow and she positioned herself upright as she let go of the pillow. I wish I slept a little bit longer she thought to herself. After taking a deep breath she sat up to put her shoes on. After making sure she didn’t forgot anything, she went out of the room and down to the lobby to check out.

Before going back to her house, Alice went back to the diner to get some breakfast. While eating she felt that her body is a little worn out but she just shrugged it off and went home after eating her breakfast.

Alice first rested a bit before taking a shower, after getting out of the shower; she just picked a normal plain shirt and basketball shorts and continued to dry off her hair. As Alice got back to her room, she realized that a photo of her and Stella was sitting on her night table; she looked at it for a few minutes then she found her hands on the top side of the picture frame, gently pushing it down.

“Okay, so where have you been?” said a familiar voice that made Alice jump. As she turns around she saw Kate leaning against the frame of the door with her arms crossed and with a raised eye brow while looking at her. Before she could answer, Kate spoke again.

“Where have you been? Your phone was off and I couldn’t figure out how I was supposed to reach you and you weren’t home all day yesterday.”

“Wait, how did you get in?” Alice asked Kate curiously 

“You gave me a copy, remember?” Kate just sighed and pulled out a key from her pocket.