Chapter 2

She stopped in front of Stella's house. She gripped the car wheel tight as she sighs deeply; she was nervous, and afraid of what will happen once she knocks on the door. She got out of the car, and slowly walked towards Stella's front door.

Gathering all of her courage she knocked and waited, but there was no answer. She knocked again after a few more minutes but then again, there was still no answer. She was about to knock again for the last time when Stella's neighbor called her,

"Are you looking for Stella?" the old lady asked.

"Yes, do you know where she is?" Alice asked kindly as she walked slowly towards the old lady.

"She went out last night and hasn't returned yet, and I'm sorry I don't know where she is right now". Alice frowned and said thanks to the old lady and drove to a nearby café.

"One Latte please" She asked the barista, she paid as she took the latte and took a seat beside the large window. She looked at her latte with her chin on top of her hand, "Stella...." And again Stella was all she could think about as she forced herself not to cry.

She pulled her cell phone from the pocket of her jeans and looked at the time, it was only 8:39 am, and she was both worried and frustrated by the fact that Stella was still not home. She tried calling Stella on her cell phone,

"Sorry, the number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area, please try your call later".

It was the same thing as last night, no answer, she knew that Stella's phone is off, she tried calling the phone on Stella's house but there was still no answer. She bit her lower lip forcing herself not to cry. She stood up, returned her cell phone in her pocket and left the café without even taking a sip from her latte.

Tears were running down from her eyes again as she was driving her way to her house. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know where to look for Stella, she can't even call her.

She parked her car in the garage and quickly walked towards her room. She dropped her car keys on her desk and just let her body fall on top of the bed with her face on her pillow, and once again she cried.

While crying her cell phone rang, she quickly stood up and pulled her cell phone again from the pocket of her jeans. She quickly answered her cell phone and as she answer, the person on the other line quickly spoke,

"Hello Alice? This is Kate, are you ok? I heard what happened to you and Stella." Tears quickly filled her eyes with her hopes quickly down.

"Y-yes I'm ok" She said as she sat down on the floor while resting her back on the side of her bed.

"I know you're not ok, which is why I don't even know why I asked you in the first place, anyway, I'll come over to your place, no buts, I'm already on my way" then Kate hanged up her cell phone right away.

Kate is Alice's best friend since grade school; the both of them are really close, and they're like sisters.

Alice slumped on the floor still leaning her back against her bed, she doesn't want to talk to anyone but Stella, but she knows that she can't say no to Kate. She stared up at the ceiling thinking of what to do when she heard a car stopped in front of her house.