Chapter 5

Alice stood up and went to her bathroom to take a shower. Before stepping inside the shower; she removed the bandage that was wrapped around her hand.

While taking a bath she thought back to her reaction when her cell phone rang. Why did I hoped that it was her who was calling me? It's probably over for her. She said to herself as she bit her lower lip; she was trying to kill that small flicker of hope inside her heart but she failed in the end.

She stepped out of the shower and grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her body. She sat on the chair that was in front of her dresser. She first dried her hair with a blower while looking at her own sad eye through the mirror, after drying her hair she got up and opened her closet and took out a simple black evening dress that perfectly fits her. After putting on her dress she sat back on the chair, she first brushed her long brown hair and put a makeup on her face that was a little enough to hide the trace of tiredness.

After putting on her wrist watch, she sighed as she saw the time, it was already 9:30pm, she's already late for work and she thought to herself that her manager will probably kill her if she doesn't get to the restaurant before the clock hits ten.

She quickly took her car keys and small black purse that was on her dresser after she put on her black sandals that matched her dress. After locking the front and back door of her house, she got into her car and drove to the restaurant where she works.

As she sees the restaurant, she saw that there were a lot of car that was parked on front and a single car looked familiar to her, there was a yet again a small flicker of hope that built up inside her pain filled heart, but again, she killed it as she thought to herself that there are a lot of car that are like that.She didn't bother on looking at the plate number and just drove at the back of the restaurant to park.

After getting out of her car, Alice locked the doors and went inside the restaurant through the back of the kitchen. As she set foot inside the kitchen, she saw that everyone was busy

"Good evening Alice, you're pretty late. Miss is looking for you; you should quickly get in stage and play the piano already" said a guy with short black hair and green eyes that was dressed in a chef's uniform

"Thanks Steven" Alice said as she gave Steven a smile,Steven is a great chef and is the sous chef of the restaurant. She then made her way through the busy kitchen while giving off smiles to the chefs and cooks that looked at her.

"You're late" greeted the long blonde haired woman that is wearing glasses and is in a red suit as Alice open the kitchen door.

"Sorry Sarah, it won't happen again" Alice said to her boss that has her arms crossed with an eye brow raised as she looks at Alice. After a few moments, Sarah then sighed and placed her right hand on her waist.

"Just get on stage and play the piano, the guests are waiting for your performance" Sarah then turned around and left. Sarah is a friend of Alice and also her boss, she's a nice and friendly woman, though strict when it comes to work.

Alice then made her way towards the employee's lounge and placed her purse inside her locker. Before going on stage Alice went inside the comfort room and looked at herself at the mirror. She tapped both of her cheek with her hands, just forget about her for a moment and concentrate on playing some keys. She said a she willed herself to concentrate.

After a long deep breath she got out of the comfort room and made her way towards the stage, there were a lot of people and she's nervous that she might make a mistake but she willed herself to step on stage for a performance that she was in need to do.