Chapter 24 (End)

Alice was standing beside the lake that was illuminated by the bright moon; she is staring up in the sky as she bid her goodbye to the place that she won’t be seeing for a long time. When Alice found out her flight is going to be delayed, she decided to visit this place one last time.

“Alice?” Alice was then surprised when she heard a familiar voice call her name, as she turned around to see who it was, she felt her heart jump.

“Kate? What are you doing here?” Alice asked Kate with a frown on her face.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I-I’m sorry.” Alice replied as she averted Kate’s gaze.

“I’m your best friend Alice! Why didn’t you say that you’re going to fly away from here!?”  Kate’s tears then began to flow down from her face and Alice felt pain in her heart. She never liked seeing Kate like that and yet she was the reason why she’s like that.

“I’m sorry Kate, I just don’t want to bother you anymore, you don’t need someone like me.”

“I don’t need you? Oh for heaven’s sake Alice! I‘m in-love with you.” Kate’s voice slowly got weak as she spoke. Alice stared at her as she heard those words.  “Am I hearing things right?” Alice thought to herself as she tries to process Kate’s words.

Alice then slowly approached Kate. Alice cupped Kate’s cheek with her right hand and brushed Kate’s tear with her thumb. The silence was starting to hurt Kate, she still hasn’t heard Alice speak so she chose to break the silence instead.

“I knew everything was worthless. I shouldn’t have said that. Now you probably hate me.” Kate said as she averted her eyes from Alice while she was still crying. Alice still chose to kept silent, she didn’t know how to exactly act. She was happy after hearing her Kate’s words, she’s happy to know that the person she loved from the very start loves her back but she didn’t know how to verbally express it.

After a few more minutes of hesitation, Alice then closed her eyes as she leaned her face close to Kate slowly and kissed her lips. Alice’s hands were shaking as she was nervous “she’ll pull away” she said to herself but she kept her lips locked against Kate as she wait for a response.

Kate’s eye were wide when she felt Alice’s lips touch her, she was surprised at Alice’s action, it was what she was wanting to feel all this time. Kate then slowly returned the kiss and wrapped her arms around Alice’s neck. As soon as Alice felt Kate’s response she slowly wrapped her arms around Kate’s waist to pull her in closer.

As their kiss slowly got deeper and deeper, Alice gently let her back fall into the grass. As they were now lying down, Kate slowly pulled away to break the kiss and rested her forehead against Alice’s. As they both catch their breath Alice smiled and placed her palm on Kate’s cheek.

“I love you too Kate.” As soon as Kate heard Alice’s words she smiled and kissed her nose.

“Promise me you’ll stay by my side forever?” Kate said as looks at Alice in the eye.

“I promise.” Alice replied with a smile on her face, she has finally found something that was missing, the one that made her lost in the river of her life, now that she found it she knew that she will never let it go.

As the two of them shared the smile as they both know they won’t ever lose each other, Kate leaned her face towards Alice and they both once again shared a passionate kiss.

___________________________________________________________

Yey the final chapter x) please forgive me if the ending sucks a bit :(

If you were able to reach this final page, I just want to thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it! :D

And also special thanks to my three buddies that pushed me into finishing it, namely:

Cathrina, Judelyn and Emily.

Big thanks again everyone!! :D