Chapter 9

It was finally morning and Alice was woken up by the rays of the sun that was going through the small openings of the curtains. As she open her eyes she saw Stella still asleep with her arms around her. Alice felt a small smile appear on her face, it was a long time since this last happened.

Ever since they both made up with each other, they were always close to each other every day and every night until Stella needed to go out of the country for a business trip. At first Stella doesn’t want to leave since she doesn’t want to leave Alice but she insisted that Stella must go since she is required to do so.

Even though they were both always away from each other, they still keep each other close by always keeping a strong communication. Alice is so in-love and she felt happier now that they are not having fights, so she decided to finally propose to Stella once she gets back from her business trip after a couple of days.

Alice went to a jewelry store that afternoon to buy a ring. She picked a white gold ring with a diamond in the center. After buying a ring, Alice called her best friend right away to meet up with her in a nearby café to tell her about what she plans.

Alice waited while seated near the window inside the café, when Kate finally entered and took a sit in-front of her they both ordered some drinks and snacks.

“So what’s up?” Kate asked and Alice couldn’t stop a smile from forming upon her lips

“After five years I’ve finally decided to propose to Stella and I’m kind of going to need your help” Alice said with enthusiasm but all that Kate did was just raise her eyebrow.

“So let’s see, after having an unstable relationship and constantly getting into fights with her and it’s only now that it subsided, you want to marry her and you also want my help?” Kate said as she placed her chin on top of her hand while keeping an un-amused face.  

“Oh come on Kate, you know I love her and I know that this time it will be okay, if we weren’t meant for each other then we should’ve been over for a long time now.”

“It’s because you haven’t let her go yet even though you’ve already been into too many fights and you’re the one that always ends up getting hurt. Remember Alice, you just can’t decide about that because you’ve been together for years.” Kate said while not breaking eye contact with Alice and she can notice the sadness building up in her eyes.

“But Kate, I can see my future with her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.” Alice said along with her pleading eyes.

The both of them went silent while Kate kept a steady look at Alice; all that she wanted was to make Alice think twice about what she is about to do. Kate couldn’t just stop something that is making Alice happy nor can she stand her getting hurt again.

After a while Kate then let go of a sigh, “Fine I’ll help you, as if I can do anything.” Kate said as she looked away from Alice. Alice then smiled happily as she thanked her best friend again and again.