Chapter 7

She stepped on stage again with all the attention towards her, the audience looking at her waiting for her to perform with the spot light only on her. She played the A Walk by the Forest that is by Yiruma. Alice played with her eyes on the keys and with a small smile upon her face.

Almost every one inside the restaurant had their attention towards her. She now feels a little better than earlier. With the music that she plays and with a friend that she knows that will always be there for her is making her thoughts stray upon her lover.

With a bow, everyone clapped their hands. With the lights slowly returning to normal as she stood back up, she slowly turned to go down the stage but she quickly took a look back at the audience, thinking that she saw someone familiar by the table that was far away from the stage, but she couldn’t see it again because of the people that were standing.

She just shook her head and thought to herself I’m imagining things again and quickly went down the stage.

“Well you seem a better than earlier” greeted Sarah as Alice got down from the stage,

“Sorry if I’m not myself earlier, but I’m ok now” Alice said with a smile on her face, Sarah then smiled back at her and patted her shoulder

“That’s good, take a small break, requests are about to line up. This is going to be a tiring night, not just for you but for the whole staff” Alice then nodded in response and Sarah then left and went to her office.

“Miss Alice here are the requests of the costumers” said a waiter as he hand Alice a couple of music sheets.

“Thanks Harvey” Alice said with a smile and she starts reading the music sheets.

While reading the music sheets she thought of the girl that she saw earlier, thinking that maybe it was Stella but as she glance towards the table, there was no one there, she then thought that maybe she’s imagining things again.

The more she forces Stella out of her mind, the more she misses her and thinks of her. I better pull myself together quickly she said to herself as she place the music sheets on the bar and returned on stage.

While playing, the smile that she has on her face was not as strong as the last one she had, she forced Stella out of her mind again while playing but failing once again. After playing four piano pieces, she saw a waiter waiting at the bottom of the stage, as she go down the waiter quickly approached her.

“Miss Alice there’s a request that we forgot to put on the list, I can’t remember but it’s also by the second piece that you played” said the waiter but he is then cut off

“it’s A River Flows in You by Yiruma” said Sarah as she slowly approach the two.Alice felt a stinging pain inside her heart as she heard what Sarah said

“Thank you Harvey, you may now return on serving the tables” with a quick “Yes ma’am” the waiter quickly got back on his job, leaving the two alone.

“Sarah, do I really need to play it?” Alice asked while trying to hide the trace of sadness on her face,

“Yes, I know it’s hard, I’ve heard what happened and I’m sorry for that, but it’s for the restaurant, so now go”

Alice is then left alone as Sarah left. With her knees feeling weak, she got back on stage and looked at the keys while sitting down on the piano bench. As she starts to play the piece that Stella once played for her, there was a stinging pain in her chest.

With every note, Stella dances in her mind, and every note, tears wants to escape from her eyes. As she finished playing the piece, everyone was clapping their hands and Alice quickly got off stage without giving a bow as tears were already escaping her eyes. With a quick hug Sarah then gave Alice a tissue

“Wipe those tears away, there’s someone who wants to talk to you” Sarah said as she tries to calm the crying Alice.

After Alice wiped her tears away, Sarah led Alice to the employee’s lounge. Before opening the door Alice took a deep breath and tried to put on a smile, but she found tears at the corner of her eyes as she saw the one who was waiting for her.