Chapter 11

Alice slowly opened her eyes as the morning sun finally took its place. She somehow still enjoyed the night before and not let everything go to waste. She was still sad but she forced the thought to go away.” Maybe it’s still not time, well there’s nothing wrong in waiting.” She thought to herself.

Weeks passed and Stella haven’t been calling or sending Alice text messages that much and Alice have been feeling lonely but again she just keeps on brushing those feelings away and just keeps on thinking that she is just busy.

Having a few more hours before she prepares for work, Alice decides to take a stroll around town and maybe take her mind off of things for a while.

Alice took a seat on a bench that was in the park. “I wish I could see her already.” She thought to herself, but she knows that it will currently be impossible since she knows that Stella is busy with her work.

She sighs as she looks up to the clear blue afternoon sky while letting her thoughts drift away one by one along with the clouds. After a while of thinking, Alice stood up to go back home but before she walked away, she saw someone familiar walking on the other side of the road near the park.

She felt anxiety flow through her body for a moment and a small rush of joy afterwards but it all quickly faded away. “Nah it’s impossible, she’s away in another place. It’s impossible for her to be here.” She thought to herself.

Alice then turned around but before doing so, she saw the familiar girl hug another girl tightly and held its hand as they both continue to walk and it was clear within the way they move that there was something.

Evening finally came, and Alice went to the restaurant earlier than usual. She looked at the ring while thinking about the girl she saw earlier, “What if it was really Stella? But it’s really impossible because she’s in a business trip.” She said to herself as she contradicts her own suspicions. Alice spent the remaining time before she goes on stage, listening to music to relieve herself of such thoughts.

After playing a few requests, Alice came down the stage to grab a few drinks. While she was making her way towards the bar, someone called her name and when she turned around she saw a guy wearing a formal black suit approaching her.

“Hi, I was the one who requested the last piece; you really did a great job in playing it.” He said with a smile on his face.

“Thank you, sir.” Alice said as she returned the greeting with a smile.

“I wish I tried this restaurant sooner. Oh by the way, my name is Jack; I’m Stella’s office mate.” He said as he reached his hand to Alice for a handshake and Alice shook his hand.

“I wish I visited this restaurant right away when we got back from the business trip.” Got back? Alice repeated the words in her head again with a puzzled look on her face.

“I heard that a branch of your company that you went to on your business trip had some problem with shortage of employees and your stay there was a little bit extended.” Alice said.

“Well not really, they quickly got that resolved when they finally hired a couple of people. We only had a couple of presentations with the clients so it really didn’t take that long.”

“Oh I see. That’s good. Since when did you return from the business trip?”

“We came back since last month.”