Chapter 10

Chapter 10

-- HARI --

Second General

The years of training with my father inside the forest of Parsua Sartorias taught me a lot of things. The every swung of his sword, the sudden sharpness of his eyes, his uncalculated movements, attacks, words, and endless lessons didn't just strengthen my physical power, but also my mind and determination to move forward.

"I will never leave this world without you being the best king this world could ever have..."

My father and I were sitting at the riverbank as we wiped the dirt on our swords. My hands hung for a moment, and my eyes veered at him.

"You are, father... you are the best king that this world could ever have."

He dropped his towel and placed it on his lap. He crumpled my hair with the familiar smile on his face. "Not until you were born."

I suddenly felt the heat on my face. Hindi ko alam kung saan kinukuha ni ama ang mataas niyang tiwala sa akin. Yes, I had disarmed him once and gave him a shallow cut on his cheek, but it never followed.

Sometimes, when I think about it, I bitterly see it as pure luck. Though, I would never loudly admit it.

I averted my eyes away from him, and I continued shinning my sword. Zen was already sleeping under the shadow of the big tree, and we were just waiting for him to wake up.

"But I learned something today, father." I said without looking at him.

"And what is that?"

"You just introduced me to the best general I could have, though, he's a little bit stubborn. Mapagtitiyagaan ko na rin naman."

He laughed. "But he's loyal... he will guard your back even if it cost his life."

My lips curved. "Yes..."

My years of training with Zen and father kept me away from worries, expectations, and pressure. Iyon naman talaga ang gustong iparamdam sa akin ni ama, na sa kabila na nakaatang sa aking responsibilidad, nais niyang ipadama sa akin na hindi ako nag-iisa.

With my brother's existence, Zen.

But my father didn't stop to make me feel the warmth and happiness as my throne brought to me by destiny continued to come near my reach.

Lumilipas ang panahon at nadadagdagan ang mga bampirang handang tumayo, hindi lang sa likuran ko, kundi sa tabi ko.

"And we will have another one here..." Father said.

Kapwa kami wala nang damit pang-itaas ni Zen dahil napupuno na ng dumi ang kasuotan namin. We let our white, now brown, royal pants to be the only clothes we have.

Kapwa umawang ang bibig namin ni Zen nang sumilip mula sa likuran ng binti ni ama si Lily.

"Hello, brothers..."

Sabay nag-angat ang tingin namin ni Zen kay ama. "S-She's still too young, father."

"Yes..." dagdag ko.

"Baka umiyak lang iyan." Nakangiwing sabi ni Zen.

"I will not cry!" sigaw ni Lily.

"Father will attack you. Nangulit ka siguro na gusto mong sumama." Naiiling na sabi ni Zen. Namula ang ilong ni Lily.

"Why would father attack me?"

"Father, she can't." Seryosong sabi ko.

"She's persistent. Iyak siya nang iyak kanina. Your mother is..." father gently scratched his right cheek by his forefinger.