21 - Split personality

Dimitri's POV

"Alyssa is gone." I sat there in my father's office staring him down.

"Gone where son?"

He was doing paper work and didn't even bother looking up at me. I was practically frothing at the mouth. She actually left me. How the fuck did she manage to do that?

"She left me."

"I'm sure that's not true. She's not from this planet so where could she possibly go. I'm sure she's around here somewhere."

"Really? So why was she spotted driving through the castle gates in Chad's car?"

"What?!!" He shot up from his seat. I'll give him this. He was a good actor.

"Oh come on father don't pretend that you knew nothing about it when we both know that you are the only one that could give the order for them to let her through."

He sat down. I could tell he was thinking about something very hard.

"She needs time away from you. She isn't ready."

"Where did she go father?" My voice was deathly still.

"I don't know. She'll come back when she's ready just leave it be. Right now you have duties. You need to resume training. You're slacking."

"I'll say this only once father. I will not be training nor doing anything else in the castle until Alyssa is back here by my side. I'll be leaving in the morning and you can't stop me."

"Is that so? Both the future King and Queen cannot be outside the castle walls at the same time especially at a time like this. We both know Chad does not want to be King and if something happens to you then he'll have to step up."

"What about Alyssa? Are you going to just let her go gallivanting about unprotected?"

"Alyssa will be fine. Now I expect you to resume training in the morning. Goodnight."

I left without another word. I made my way to Chad's room and let myself in. "Where did she go?" They looked up at me, none of them saying anything. I stepped further into the room. "I know you helped her to leave Chad. Where the fuck did she go?"

"Goodnight to you too Dimitri. How can we be of assistance this evening." I looked at Alexis. I didn't particularly care for her sarcasm. This isn't going anywhere so I guess I'll have to take care of it myself.

I left and went to my room and made a call I didn't particularly want to make but it had to be done. She would regret the day she ever set foot through those gates.

"What?!"

"Is that how you speak to your future King?"

"Forgive me your majesty I didn't realize it was you."

"I need you to find someone for me. I'll send you the details shortly. But let me be very clear. She should not be harmed. If there is so much as a hair out of place on her head, you're dead." I hung up and flung the phone across the room.

Alyssa's POV

Surprisingly Chad wasn't upset or surprised about the car. I guess I had Adrian to thank for that. As expected I heard Dimitri was furious, but whatever I really didn't care at this point. Chad says he won't be able to find me but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. After my conversation with Chad and Alexis, Adrian showed me around. I found out what kind of club he was talking about. I started to piece together just how Adrian and Chad knew each other and I was almost certain this is where they came when they left the castle.