29 - Dream or Reality

So what you guys need to know about this particular chapter is that it wasn't written by me but I loved it so much I decided to make it a part of my story. I didn't change anything. All the credit for this chapter goes to my lovely fan @ella7777. I think she did an amazing job. I hope you enjoy it. I sure did.

29 - Dream or Reality

Alexis was not sure if she was doing the right thing. She wanted to turn around and run back to the elevator but she seemed to be rooted to the spot, her feet firmly planted on the shiny marble floor.

She closed her eyes tightly and gripped the lapels of her trench coat.

"You can do this, this is for the best, it's just one night," she whispered hoarsely to herself, her teeth clenching as she forced her emotions down her throat.

The client already paid for her. She already wired the money to her sisters just some hours ago. Tomorrow, her mom would be undergoing a bypass operation. She could not back out now. And if she did, Heaven knew what Adrian would do to her. The club owner was a fairly reasonable man, but business was business. Alexis was sure Adrian would not tolerate a silly little girl like her tarnishing his business name. Nobody forced her, Adrian's business was legal, she knew what she was getting into. The client already kept his end of the deal, now it's her turn to keep hers.

With that thought, she forced her eyes open and stared at the expensive looking door. She swallowed the lump in her throat and dug inside her bag. Her fingers found the edge of her simple red mask and she pulled it out. With trembling fingers, she fixed the mask on her face. It only covered the upper half of her face, the soft red material concealing her eye brows and temples, leaving everything below the bridge of her nose bare for the client to touch and see.

With a shaky breath, she forced herself to knock.

"Come in," a deep masculine voice answered behind the massive wooden door.

Her insides clenched and she fought the urge to turn back and run to the elevators again. Gritting her teeth, she wrapped her slender fingers around the silver knob, twisted it and pushed the door open.

The room was dimly lighted. The only source of light came from the lamps on either side of the bed. She wanted to keep looking around, keep herself distracted by looking at the curtains, walls and couches, anything to keep herself from looking at the man who would take something very important to her-her virginity and dignity.

But the attempt was as futile as walking on water. The moment she stepped inside the room, all her senses zeroed in on the man lounging lazily on the bed.

The man cocked his head to the side, his features a mask of cocky indifference.

"Lock the door; I don't want to be disturbed." His voice was low and silky, indulgent and laid back, yet the authority, the cockiness, the power dripped through every word.

Her breathing became difficult as she forced herself to obey him.

"Come here," he ordered once she locked the door.

Her insides once again clenched as she turned around to face him. And again, she found herself in a violent maelstrom of confusion, anxiety and something else she refused to acknowledge.

She stared at her client.

When her boss told her a client wanted a virgin to pleasure him for a night, the first thing she thought was that the man was probably a sick bastard. An old, wrinkly, balding, overweight sick bastard. She had been working in Adrian's bar as a waitress for quite a while now. It was not the most ideal part time job for a University student like her but it was the most she could do. She was already working part time in a care home to support herself and help at home but she still needed more. The club was an exclusive bar for the rich and famous, or in simple terms, a whore house for the bored rich men. The pay was good and it didn't take much of her time unlike other part time jobs. In the two years she worked there, Alexis had seen and heard enough horror stories to give her nightmares 'till she's eighty. There were many good looking men who visited the club-rich, good looking bored men who looked dignified and respectable, but if the club taught her one thing, that's the truth that not everything that glittered was gold. Cheating married men and cheating boyfriends were their frequent visitors. It was enough to make her lose faith in the male specie. She had long come to the conclusion that the men who came to the club had problems, that they were the type of men she would never want to get herself involved in.