40 - 18, A Queen, & Pregnant...

"Was he surprised?" Sage asked me over the phone.

"Oh he was surprised alright."

She squealed.

"I wish I could have seen his face."

I smiled to myself and remembered the expression on Dimitri's face when I told him I was pregnant.

"Is he happy?"

"I think so. I think he's kind of still in shock. Maybe I should have waited until after his birthday to tell him."

"Oh don't be ridiculous. Anybody would be overwhelmed, the way you went all out."

We talked for a little while longer and then hung up. Alexis came in a little after the call ended.

"So how far along are you? I can't believe my baby sis is pregnant."

"Well it was bound to happen some time."

"You don't sound too happy."

"I am happy. I'm just not sure Dimitri is."

"Why wouldn't he be?"

"I don't know, just something he said on our honeymoon."

"Don't be silly. I'm sure he's just as happy as you are, deep down under all that darkness."

I laughed and slapped her arm. "Where's Chad?"

"Where do you think? He's with your guy. He's quite jealous you know."

I rolled my eyes, because I knew she was just messing around.

************

Pregnant...

That one word kept replaying over and over in my head.

"So, you got dinner, sex, a car and a baby for your birthday. I'm almost jealous. If you weren't my brother I'd probably hate you right now."

I chuckled a little. "I'm sure you'll have a little Chad running around here soon enough."

He looked almost scared.

"I still can't believe she bought you a car. The latest fucking Aston Martin at that."

I sipped from my glass and shrugged. Inside I was pleased that Alyssa even knew anything about cars to get me one in the first place. I steered the conversation away from cars, seeing that Alyssa got one of his cars destroyed when she ran away.

"We're breaking the news of the pregnancy tomorrow at dinner. Please try to act surprised."

I left him there and went to check on Alyssa. When I got there Alexis was just leaving.

"Congrats 'Daddy'." I smirked at her. "Congrats Aunty." I didn't wait for her response, I stepped into the room leaving her there smiling.

Our eyes connected as soon as I stepped inside the room. I wanted her again, even though it was mere hours ago that I had her. Her hair was rumpled from the rolling around that we did earlier. The sight brought a smile to my face.

"I thought we were going somewhere in my new car? Did you change your mind Kitten?"

"No, but we need to talk first."

I knew that look. "Talk about what?"

"The baby. Are you sure you're not upset? I know you wanted me all to yourself for a while. I just don't want this baby to change anything between us."