34 - Sex, Lust & Strippers

"She's fine Adrian." He said something back and Chad winced. I walked over and pressed the speaker button.

"She has a block up Chad. She hasn't answered me once since she left. I know she knows I'm trying to contact her. She closed her mind off completely."

Chad sighed. "I know you want to talk to her but I think it's best if you don't right now. She is really busy preparing to take over the kingdom."

"I'm still not convinced Chad and I'll continue screaming in her fucking mind until she answers me."

"Wait," I said. "What do you mean screaming in her mind? Can you two talk to each other in your minds?"

"Yes, didn't she tell you?"

"Nope. That's cool though. How did it happen?" Neither Chad nor Adrian answered me. The wheels started turning in my head. "Wait a minute. Did you two sleep together?"

"Chad I have to go. When you talk to her just give her the message." He hung up and I attacked him.

"They slept together? You knew?" I poked a finger in his chest and he grabbed it.

"Calm down. Whatever happened between Adrian and Alyssa is their business. We cannot get involved."

"How did you know they had sex?"

"He kind of let it slip."

"Whoa...I need to talk to Alyssa."

"You, my lovely little mate will do no such thing." He kissed me.

"But..." He kissed me again and then pulled back.

"We cannot get involved in anything. Besides, Dimitri has her on a tight leash."

"What the hell does that mean?" I pushed away from him. "What do you know?"

"I don't know for certain but I think he has her chained up at nights in the bdsm room. He shut it down completely and forbids anyone from going near it. I also noticed he changed the locks and it's always locked."

I studied my mate like he had suddenly grown a second head. "You are not serious are you? How can he do that to her? Is he beating her?"

"I don't know. Like I said it's only speculation. I don't know if it's true or not." He pulled me to his chest and I wrapped my arms around him. I don't know how I got so lucky with a mate like Chad. Out of the brothers, I think I got the best pick.

***********

After our little conversation, I spent the next couple of weeks trying to make things up to Alyssa. At first she didn't give me the time of day, but little by little I noticed she was opening up again. She smiled and laughed more. She even started to engage in conversation with her tutor who was very shocked.

Around the middle of the third week the tutor dismissed her. There really wasn't anything else that she could teach her, so she started to focus on training her powers like Nate and her sisters. Sometimes I would watch her and notice a faraway look in her eyes, especially when she practiced with fire.

I didn't know if I was forgiven yet, but at least she was speaking to me. That was a good sign. One day she came to me and asked if she could move back into our room. I really didn't know why she was still staying in a guest bedroom but I smiled and before I knew it I kissed her. She was surprised at first but then she opened up to me and started kissing me back. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around me before pulling her lips away. I growled.

"Kitten, don't play with me."

She grew serious before opening her mouth to say something. After couple seconds of her hesitating, she finally spoke.