26 - Prophecy

26 - Prophecy

Nate's POV

Lexandra and I have been on this journey for days. I was beginning to think she didn't have a clue where she was going. And on top of being tired I was missing Aria. I knew she was fine because I could feel her happiness radiating through our connection.

"When will we arrive?"

She looked at me with a knowing smile. "We're almost there."

"Remind me again why I had to come on this journey?"

"Because I need answers and only the Seer can give them to me."

"I've never heard of this Seer. How do you know she can help us?"

She scoffed. "You lack faith in me Nate. Zaphaya is my Aunt so I think I know what I'm talking about."

I glanced over at her from the passenger seat. "So your mother is the Sae and your Aunt is the Seer?" She nodded. "And your three daughters are the Protectors?" Again she nodded. "So what does that make you?"

"I have no idea. We're here."

I looked around outside. This was not what I was expecting. We were parked in front a little cottage with a picket fence and flowers in the garden. "So this is where the Seer lives?" I looked at her a little skeptically. Let's just hope we get the answers we seek.

"Took you long enough." A tall redhead was sitting on the porch. I guess we knew which side of the family Aria gets her looks from.

"Hello Aunt Zaphaya." She kissed her on each cheek. "This is Nate."

"Yes yes I know, the other mate. Tell me young man how is my beautiful Aria? Is she and that man whore finally getting along?" I had to laugh at that. I don't think Blake will ever escape that title.

"I should think so ma'am."

"So, what is it that you want to know?" I was confused. I had no idea what she was asking so I just stood there not saying anything. Lexandra was the one who answered.

"Well I'm a little confused. Initially when I saw the vision Aria was to be mated to Dimitri. They should have been the King and Queen but as you know that did not happen and everything is kind of out of sync."

"So you want to know why Aria ended up with Blake instead of Dimitri? Maybe Nate can answer that one." I was even more confused by this.

"I'm sorry I don't follow."

She sighed, "ok tell me this, can you two picture Dimitri sharing with anyone?" She did have a point. "Aria was always destined to end up with Nate. As to why she ended up with Nate and Blake as opposed to Nate and Dimitri is because Blake and Nate also have a bond." Ok I was officially lost and I think she could see that as well.

"I didn't sense a bond Aunt Zaphaya."

"Not the kind of bond that you think Lexie." Zaphaya's gaze bored into mine. "Are you going to tell her or shall I?" It finally dawned on me what she was talking about but I still didn't say a word. "They were lovers." I sat as quiet as a mouse. Zapahya proceeded to explain more. "Because Nate and Blake used to be lovers it kind of upset the order of things. They have strong feelings for each other that go way beyond the love of a cousin or best friend.

"So you're telling me that my daughter ended up with a pair of gay lovers?"

"They're not gay," she laughed. "They have shared everything since they were children so I'm not surprised that now they end up sharing a wife. It's just the way they are. They love and understand each other and frankly they balance each other out and they will balance Aria out." She still looked like she wasn't comfortable with the idea.