15 - The 'Quiet' one

Alexis' POV

I woke up to excruciating pain all over my body. As soon as I felt one area of my body in pain it stopped. I struggled to open my eyes. It felt as if they were sewn shut. I tried to move my arms but they were pinned down, or tied. My eyes flew open just then, and I was staring into a similar pair of hazel eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?"

He just continued to look at me, before he moved one of his arms and I felt pain slice through my abdomen. And again as soon as I felt it, it disappeared.

"You're healing."

"Chad what the fuck are you doing?" He didn't respond, he untied me and I sat up. I took in his appearance. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. I looked down and blood covered my body in tiny spots.

"Why do I have blood on me?"

He got up and went to sit in the chair.

"Come."

I folded my arms across my breast. "Excuse me?"

"Come here." I raised my eyebrows when I saw him hold up a razor blade in his hands.

"I want to have sex with you."

I laughed out loud. I had to get stuck with the psycho one.

"I want to cut you, mark you, but you keep healing. Why?"

Cut? Mark? What the hell is he going on about? I gasped when I realized what he was talking about. That excruciating pain I was feeling was him using a razor to cut my body? But somehow my body can heal itself? I am going to kill him! I bolted from the bed and stood above him but the anger I was feeling just a moment ago seemed to disappear as memories came flooding back. I remembered getting a terrible headache and screaming begging him to make it stop. I remembered how he took care of me while I was passed out for the three days. I remembered him brushing my hair, stroking my face and talking to me. I remembered how worried he was. I remembered my mom being here and I remembered shaking and screaming. He was here the whole time. As much as I wanted to be angry with him I just couldn't.

"You were here the whole time."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You are my mate Alexis. Why wouldn't I be here?"

"Thank you." I sat down Indian style on the floor and started to braid my hair.

"So what's your story Chad? Blake is a player and Dimitri is a dominant. What are you?"

"May I?" He pointed to my hair. "Turn around."

I shrugged and turned around, and he took over from where I left off. My hair is a handful anyway.

"So tell me, what secrets are in your closet Mate?"

He laughed. It's the first time I've heard him laugh. I liked it. His laugh sounded rich and powerful.

"I have no secrets Alexis. I'm just like you."

"Somehow I doubt that. Why were you cutting me?"

"I like to cut." He finished braiding my hair and tugged it gently.

"Cryptic much?" I turned to face him. "I'll make a deal with you. You like to cut and I like to whip extremely masculine men from time to time. How about I help you get over this cutting fixation you have by allowing you to cut me whenever you want, wherever you want, and you be my submissive?"