19 - Collared but not submissive

Alyssa's POV

I stood outside the King's office with my ears glued to the door. I needed to know if that baby was Dimitri's. They were speaking in hushed tones but I could make out a few of what they were saying.

"I'm sure you want to know if you were the father so let me just go ahead and say it. Dimitri it's..."

I held my breath waiting for the King to announce if he was the father or not. I heard the King say his name. "Dimitri it's..." A servant pushing a cart was passing by and I had to strain to hear. I caught the last part of what the King was saying. "...yours."

Yours? Yours? Dimitri's?

I didn't wait around after that. All I kept hearing was Dimitri and yours. That servant had been pregnant with his child. I can't stay here. I need to leave. I cannot face him. I ran down the corridor and up the stairs. I had to get away. Aria would be the best bet in helping me get away but she would create a scene so I changed directions and went to Alexis instead. She would understand. I burst into the room.

"Alexis! You have to help..." My mouth fell open when I took in the sight before me. Alexis was dressed in full black. Everything she had on was leather; a leather tank top and leather pants with some very high looking go-go boots, but that wasn't what made me go quiet. It was the sight of Chad on his knees with his hands chained above him to something extending from the ceiling. The top half of his body was naked and there were gashes across his back. Some of them looked like they were about to start forming welts.

She turned around at the intrusion with a frown on her face. I noticed she had a kind of leather whip in her hand. I started backing away. "I'm sorry I should have knocked."

"No it's fine. What's wrong?"

"Um you need to help me leave the castle."

"Leave? What do you mean leave?"

I glanced in Chad's direction. "The baby was Dimitri's." I felt proud I could say this without bursting into tears.

"So you want to run away? What does it matter? The bitch is dead anyway."

"Alexis, please. I can't stay here." She ran her hands through her hair and made her way over to Chad. She release him and ran her fingers over his back. One by one the wounds started closing. I was so fascinated by this I didn't hear when she spoke again.

"You're staring Sis." Chad laughed and kissed her on the lips and she sighed.

"Alyssa you can't run away. Just confront him about it."

"You don't understand. He collared me. Plus he hasn't told me yet, I was sort of eavesdropping on their conversation."

"Let's say I help you. Where will you go? What will you do? You are the future Queen and no way in hell am I about to take up that damn throne."

"I will come back eventually, but for now I need to get away from him." I was about ready to break down in tears. It almost seems as if they were having a private conversation.

"Alexis please?"

"Ok fine but don't get mad if he finds your ass and drags you back here and punish you."

"I have a friend you can stay with." His name is Adrian." Chad was the one who spoke.

"No way! She is not going to that place!"

"That's the only place that I know she will be looked after. Besides I'm sure he already saw this coming." Alexis sighed at this.

She looked at me. "We have a friend. He is about ten hours out or less. I'm not too sure. His name is Adrian. He will look out for you and give you a place to stay until you are ready to come back. I don't know how you will get there though." She glared at Chad.