Chapter Sixteen.

Chapter Sixteen. 

            The next day my family had decided to go Christmas shopping and I finally realized that I haven’t gotten Reina anything yet. Then a part of me said we weren’t dating so why would I get her something but it’d be the right thing if I did. This whole phase we’re in is kind of like a flirtationship but I wanted it to get out of the phase and the only way to get out of the phase is to show her what it could be like if we were in an actual relationship. Since we had to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend in front of my parents when would be a better time to show her what she’s missing out on?

            Today she was wearing a pair of leggings with a longer sweater to cover her ass and a part of me was disappointed but she probably didn’t want to show it off around my parents, which I respected. I was dying without having sex with her. I was literally craving it but I would have to suck it up for a little while longer. Just a little while longer…

            “Look at the tree!” She shrieked, looking at me with excited eyes. “It’s so beautiful. Wow.”

            “They put it up every year at this mall.” My dad explained. “It’s pretty cool when you see it for the first time but when you see it every year it gets a little boring.”

            She was still looking at the tree and I was looking at her because she looked like a little kid as she admired it. I wanted to put my plan in gear and now seemed like the perfect time because I caught her off guard, snaking my hands around her waist and placing my chin right on her shoulder.

            “What does my girl want for Christmas?”

            I swear I felt her body stiffen for a second and her cheeks went so red I wanted to kiss them but she eventually looked at me out of the corner of eye to let me know she’d play along and entwined her fingers with mine, which by now she must know drives me crazy.

            “I don’t know baby. You tell me.”

            Pulling her a little closer to me, I kissed her cheek and my mom just rolled her eyes and started to laugh as she dragged my dad and the kids away to give us some space. We were so happy right now and for a moment I felt like blurting it out right here in the middle of this mall and telling her that I liked her. More than liked her. I wanted to tell her how much I care about her and how much she means to me but I got all nervous and choked up it was like I couldn’t breathe.

            “My girl.” She whispered, playing with the ends of my hair. “That was a nice touch.”

            “Yeah well baby wasn’t too bad either.”

            After that she said she wanted to go into some shops so we went into a dozen I swear and we looked around together. She was really into Christmas stuff and I really wasn’t but I liked how excited she got over little ornaments and stockings. It was cute but everything she did was cute. It wasn’t until we were in an actual Christmas shop that she spotted this stocking and immediately fell in love with it. I don’t know how you can be so infatuated over a stocking but she was because she said the velvet on it was so beautiful.

            “You want it?” I asked.

            “I mean yeah but I’m going to pay for it myself.”

            “I’ll buy it for you Reina.”

            She looked at me for a quick second and then looked back at the stocking, unsure of what to even say. Reina isn’t very good at letting people buy things for her but I wanted to spoil her. I loved spoiling her.