Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen. 

            “Bro!” Scott laughed when I closed the door behind her. “What the fuck was that man?”

            “He’s whipped!” Mark shouted. “That’s what it was.”

            “I’m not whipped Mark. She’s just fine as hell and we had a good night was all.”

            “So you guys aren’t fighting anymore?”

            “Nope. We’re good… really good.”

            I smirked when the memories of this morning came back into my head and Scott just rolled his eyes, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans before he focused his attention back on me once more.

            “Well just make sure you don’t fuck anything up Justin. Her and Jonah seemed pretty-“

            “Her and Jonah aren’t together anymore.”

            “OH SHIT.” Mark laughed, Colby joining in as well. “You swoopin’ in bruh?”

            “Trying to but nobody tells her, got it? And just for the record she’s off limits now to all of you.”

            I moved my eyes to Colby’s and locked eyes with him for a second because I wanted him to know that in no way shape or form is he going to ruin this for her and I. He seemed to understand though because he nodded his head and looked down at his fingers for a second.

            “You finally came to your senses.” Scott said, patting me on the shoulder. “When are you telling her? After break or before?”

            When I was silent for a couple of moments they all looked at me and waited for me to say something but the weird thing is that I didn’t know how to respond. I haven’t even thought about telling her and I really didn’t want to. I felt like throwing up every single time I thought about it and now that it has to actually happen at some point I just don’t even know where to begin.

            “Did you already tell her? Is that why you were so happy?”

            “No. I haven’t told her yet but she’s uh, she’s spending break with me.”

            “OH SHIT!” Mark erupted into laughter and I started to laugh too, along with everyone else. “She’s meeting Pat and Jer?”

            “Don’t call them that but yeah, I guess.”

            “You guess?” Scott asked in disbelief. “You’ve never asked one single girl out on a date and now all of a sudden Reina’s meeting your parents? She’s really that important to you?”

            “Fuck Scott, stop getting sappy. She’s meeting my parents, yeah. I want her to meet them and it’s happening so that’s all there is to it. As far as telling her goes, I think I’ll do it whenever it’s the right time. It’s not the right time right now because she just got out of a relationship and I’m not going to rush her into things. We’ll both know I think when the right time is.”

            “I just don’t understand it.” Mark said. “You guys are practically a couple now. You look at each other like two puppies in love and you kiss all the time, you cuddle, so why are you not together? Why not just be a couple?”